Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Jeffrey Foster
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The following System Center Operations Manager Management Packs are available for download from Cisco:

Cisco UCS Management Pack Suite for Microsoft System Center 2012, Operations Manager (version 4.1.2)

Software Downloads:

(Above link requires cisco.com login)

Documentation links:

Video documentation links:

Details related to previous versions of Cisco UCS Manager and IMC Management Packs are as follows:

Cisco UCS Manager Management Pack v3.1.2 for Microsoft System Center 2012 - Operations Manager:

Cisco IMC Management Pack v1.2(1) for Microsoft System Center 2012 - Operations Manager:

External customers - For any issues, contact Cisco TAC (highly recommended for quick resolution) or add a discussion to the Cisco Developed Integrations sub-space on Cisco UCS Communities. Send your suggestions for new features to ucs-msft-plugins@cisco.com.

Internal (Cisco) customers and employees - Contact us at ucs-scom@cisco.com for support questions and ucs-msft-plugins@cisco.com for roadmap questions, new feature requests and feedback.

Comments
jerwillk1
Community Member

I recently installed the UCS Management Service and MP on my SCOM 2012 R2 environment. I setup one of our UCS domains within SCOM (under Authoring/ManagementPack Templates) and it connects... it shows up in monitoring and is generating alerts... but when I launch the Ucs Agent Configuration (either from the SCOM console, or from the Management Server) it doesn't seem to load the configuration items.  For instance, from what I understand, the "Severity Re-Mapping" and "Fault Filters" tabs are supposed to have a list of objects along the left side of the window that you select and can then create filters and expressions.... my list on the left hand side is empty.  I've tried running the "Load Cisco UCS data" task from the console, but that doesn't seem to do anything. (it says it runs successfully... but I don't see any change).

Has anyone seen this or know what may be happening?  Am I missing a config file that the Ucs Agent Configuration tool requires?

Thanks!

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jeremy,

Do you find the left pane of the dialog (UCS Agent Configuration) empty or do you see the text “No UCS to configure” there?

Is the “UCS Agent configuration” is launched using “Launch Configuration” on the SCOM Console?

then alternatively please try launching this tool from Desktop shortcut...

Please use the "Run as Administrator" while launching the tool (UCS Agent Configuration).

NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE THE ADMIN USER HAS ACCESS TO POWERSHELL REGISTRY KEYS…

Thanks,

Amit Kumar

jerwillk1
Community Member

Hi Amit,

The left pane of the "Configuration - Cisco UCS Management Service" tool is empty (on the 'Severity Re-Mapping' and 'Fault Filters' tabs).  I've ran the tool normally and using "Run as Administrator", but no change... it's still empty. This is the same whether I launch it from the SCOM console using the "Launch Configuration" link or from the desktop icon directly on the SCOM management server where the Cisco UCS Management Service is installed.

As for permissions to the "Powershell Registry Keys" for the admin user account... Can you point me to which registry keys you're talking about?  And is this the runas user account I setup in SCOM for accessing the UCS environment, or is this for the user account I'm launching the UCS Management Service Configuration tool with?  (if the latter... I'm using an account that has local admin rights on that server).

Jeremy.

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jeremy,

Could you please open a case with Cisco TAC here: Support and Downloads - Cisco Systems. They should be able provide all the help required on this.

In case you need any further help from my side, please do let me know...

Thanks,

Amit Kumar

sasha.meltser
Community Member

Does any one resolve the memory leak? Any help please.

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sasha,

Memory leak problem will be fixed in the next release of the Management Pack, which is scheduled for release soon.

Alternatively, you can install the previous version of the Management Pack, Release 2.6.1 which apparently does not have the memory leak issue.  But the installer of v2.6.1 does not support installation on Windows Server 2012 R2.

For more information about the Management Pack,  please contact our support team at : Cisco Support - Software Downloads, Product Documentation, Support Tools, and Support Cases - Cisco Systems

Thanks,

Amit Kumar

sasha.meltser
Community Member

Thank you Amit for your reply... Do you have an idea when new release will be available?

Thanks,

Sasha

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Its planned in this quarter - Q3CY2014.

dduchemin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Where could I find:

• SCOM 2007R2 – Management Pack v2.4 Downloads
    • Quick Start Guide
    • Release Notes
    • MSI file containing the MP itself
  • I know it is getting old but no movement to SCOM 2012 yet...
  • Thanks,
  • Dom
paul.mancuso
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

I am attempting to use the SCOM MP 3.0.2 with UCSPE for a test lab. I am unable to get any alerts of any severity to show up in SCOM from the targeted UCSPE instance. I am able to see the Inventory and just about any configured item for discovery and state view. But i have not been able to pull any alerts.

If we can get on a WebEx, that would be terrific as i am attempting to write a lab for a class for Cisco and Firefly concerning Cisco's MP for SCOM.

Paul A. Mancuso

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

Please get in touch with our support team, they should be able to help you with this...

You can create a case here:

Cisco Support - Software Downloads, Product Documentation, Support Tools, and Support Cases - Cisco Systems

Thanks,

Amit Kumar

paul.mancuso
Level 1
Level 1

What support contract would I use for this matter? I am not able to open a case without a supporting contract, correct?

Paul

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

For further communication, can I send e-mail to your cisco mail id? if not, please send your mail id which can be used...

Thanks,

Amit Kumar

wade
Level 1
Level 1

I am running SCOM 2012 R2 with UCS 3.1.1 MP.  No alerts are being generated for various SP association faults I am creating.  Is there someone who could offer advice as to why - and what I need to do to correct?

paul.mancuso
Level 1
Level 1

Are you getting any alerts for any issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links