Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco UCS Management Pack Suite for Microsoft System Center, Operations Manager (version 4.1.5) is posted on cisco.com

To download the Cisco UCS Management Pack Suite for Microsoft System Center, Operations Manager (version 4.1.5) click here (requires cisco.com login)

Documentation Links:

New features in version 4.1.5

• Qualified for System Center Operations Manager 2019 UR2

Migration Scripts:

Migration scripts will help you to migrate the UCS Domains and IMC Groups instance templates from the previous version of Cisco UCSM Management Pack or Cisco IMC Management Pack to the latest Cisco UCS Management Pack Suite, Release 4.x.

Supported Management Pack versions for migration

• Cisco UCSM Management Pack
    • Version 3.1.2
    • Version 3.1.1

• Cisco IMC Management Pack
    • Version 1.2.1
    • Version 1.1.1

Migration scrips and User Document are attached below.

For a detailed list of UCS Server Faults, please refer to the attachments at the bottom of the "UCS Monitoring Resource Handbook" post:    https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-37197

External customers - For any issues, contact Cisco TAC (highly recommended for quick resolution) or add a discussion to the Cisco Developed Integrations sub-space on Cisco Data Center Communities. Send your suggestions for new features to ucs-msft-plugins@cisco.com.

Internal (Cisco) customers and employees - Contact us at ucs-scom@cisco.com for support questions and ucs-msft-plugins@cisco.com for roadmap questions, new feature requests, and feedback.

Comments
snambiar
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to Upgrade the Cicso UCS MP to 4.1.1, as we are monitoring Cisco UCS Domain.

So we imported the following MP's

Cisco.Ucs.Views.Library.mpb

Cisco.Ucs.Core.Library.mpb

Cisco.Ucs.Monitoring.Service.mpb

Cisco.Ucsm.mpb

Then upgraded the Cisco UCS Monitoring Service to version 4.1.1. After this when running the Update-UcsScomAllInstance.ps1 script, I am getting the following error. Please assist in fixing this issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Total number of configured UCS instances: 1
Updating UCS instance( 1/1 ): Overrides - Cisco UCS
ERROR: Could not fetch the template folder for instance Overrides - Cisco UCS
Import-Module : The specified module 'CiscoUcsCentralScomPS' was not loaded because no valid module file was found in
any module directory.
At C:\temp\Cisco.UCS.Management.Pack.Suite.v4.1.1.0\Scripts\Update-UcsScomAllInstance.ps1:45 char:9
+         Import-Module CiscoUcsCentralScomPS
+         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ResourceUnavailable: (CiscoUcsCentralScomPS:String) [Import-Module], FileNotFoundExcepti
   on
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Modules_ModuleNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

Exception  Message : The term 'Update-UcsCentralScomAllInstances' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, s
cript file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is corr
ect and try again..Exception.Message
Import-Module : The specified module 'CiscoImcScomPS' was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any
module directory.
At C:\temp\Cisco.UCS.Management.Pack.Suite.v4.1.1.0\Scripts\Update-UcsScomAllInstance.ps1:59 char:9
+         Import-Module CiscoImcScomPS
+         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ResourceUnavailable: (CiscoImcScomPS:String) [Import-Module], FileNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Modules_ModuleNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

Exception  Message : The term 'Update-ImcGroupScomAllInstances' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, scr
ipt file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correc
t and try again..Exception.Message
Press any key to continue ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

prelhan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sreejeet,

Update-UcsScomAllInstance script is designed to Update all the three modules[UCS, UCS Central and IMC] instances. As you have imported only one UCS module that is the reason its giving you an error.

You can still upgrade all UCS instances using below Command lets.

Open Power shell and run below command lets.
Import-Module CiscoUcsScomPS
Update-UcsScomAllInstances

Thanks,

Puneet Relhan

snambiar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Puneet,

I have tried the above steps and still getting the same error:

Error Detail:

PS C:\Users\nl-sreejeetnambiar> Import-Module CiscoUcsScomPS

PS D:\MP msi Dumps\Cisco UCS MP 4.1.1\Cisco.UCS.Management.Pack.Suite.v4.1.1.0\Cisco.UCS.Management.Pack.Suite.v4.1.1.0>

cd .\Scripts

PS D:\MP msi Dumps\Cisco UCS MP 4.1.1\Cisco.UCS.Management.Pack.Suite.v4.1.1.0\Cisco.UCS.Management.Pack.Suite.v4.1.1.0\

Scripts> .\Update-UcsScomAllInstance.ps1

Exception  Message : The term 'Update-UcsCentralScomAllInstances' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, s

cript file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is corr

ect and try again..Exception.Message

Exception  Message : The term 'Update-ImcGroupScomAllInstances' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, scr

ipt file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correc

t and try again..Exception.Message

prelhan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sreejeet,

Open Power shell and run below command lets.

Step -1 Import-Module CiscoUcsScomPS

Step-2 Update-UcsScomAllInstances

For step 2,you don't need to go to script folder and run the same script again. you can run the cmdlet as mentioned above.

Thanks,

Puneet Relhan

snambiar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Puneet,

I tried to run the above command, but we are getting error as follows:

Note: Overrides - Cisco UCS is the Managenet Pack used to save UCS instances in SCOM.

Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\Users\nl-sreejeetnambiar> Import-Module CiscoUcsScomPS
PS C:\Users\nl-sreejeetnambiar> Update-UcsScomAllInstances

prelhan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sreejeet,

I have tried various scenarios for updating UCS Instances but could not able to reproduce the same error that you

are facing.

Kindly raise Cisco TAC request to proceed further on the issue.

Thanks,

Puneet Relhan

lchua3001
Community Member

Cisco UCS MP (https://xx.xxx.xxx.xx:443) [Cisco.Ucs.Proxy.LoadCache.ProbeAction.ps1] : Connection to Cisco UCS Monitoring Service failed.

The UCSs are added successfully and test connections are working but it keep prompting this error in the event log and the UCs are not discovered.

All of them are monitor via Gateway server and port 443 is opened too.

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Liang,

Is "Cisco UCS Monitoring Service" installed on Gateway Server? if yes, is the service up and running?

Also, verify the health state of the "Cisco UCS Monitoring Service" running on Gateway Server from Operations Console ( Monitoring --> Cisco UCS Monitoring Service --> Monitoring Service Dashboard) , make sure that it is discovered and in healthy state.

In case, you still face the issues after verifying the setup as mentioned above, please file a case with Cisco Support Team

Cisco Support - Software Downloads, Product Documentation, Support Tools, and Support Cases - Cisco Systems

lchua3001
Community Member

i have downgraded back to 4.0 and the monitoring are working. Only 4.1 is prompting login error.

sanjitkrnath
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the Cisco UCSM MP ( Version 3.1.2 ) which is monitoring my current B series UCS Domains . I want to monitor C series UCS devices also. In my B Series MP i have near about 400 monitors , will i get all those if i install the Suit Version MP (4.1.1) ? f i take the backup of my Bseries 400 monitors and import in Suite Version MP after Installing , will that work. Can i have the total monitor and rule list of Suit Version MP (4.1.1) ?

My main concerned is whatever i am monitoring at this moment by MP 3.2.1 can those be monitored by Version 4.1.1.?

Please assist me .

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Liang,

Good to hear that v4.0.1 is working in your environment. But, in case you wish to diagnose the issue with v4.1.1 on your setup, please do register a case with Cisco Support.

-Amit

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sanjit,

Management v4.x is architecturally different from V3.x. We have rules per UCS fault in v4.x compared to monitors in v3.x. You should be able to monitor all UCS faults in v4.x which you would have done in v3.x, but hardware component wise we only discover and monitor till server level in v4.x and faults related to all lower level hardware components (Mother board, memory, Fan, PSU etc) get mapped to either server, chassis or FI depending upon their hierarchy, this help in making v4.x more scalable compared to previous versions. In case you need further clarification, please do raise a support case and we should be able help.

Cisco Support - Software Downloads, Product Documentation, Support Tools, and Support Cases - Cisco Systems

-Amit Kumar

sanjitkrnath
Level 1
Level 1

I added one CIMC rack node server under Cisco IMC Template in Authoring Tab. But those are showing in not monitored state. Anyone can please help me out to overcome this issue?

The run as account and profile are checked. With the local account which used in run as account , i checked that can login to that CIMC . 

lchua3001
Community Member

How can we solve the CISCO UCS agent 4.01 frequent high CPU 100% issue on the SCOM 2012 SP1 UR10 gateway

doctorouter
Level 1
Level 1

When will we see dynamic monitors similar v3.x management pack? Alerts Rules gives a huge administration overhead.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links