Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

End of Support Notice: Support for the Flex-based Plugin for VMware vSphere has been discontinued.  The HTML based Plugin is recommended as a replacement.

Previous Release Information:

Cisco UCS Manager Plugin is an extension for the vSphere Web Client. It enables virtualization administrators to view, manage and monitor various aspects of Cisco UCS physical infrastructure. The result is a single pane of glass for Virtual Center users to get both physical and virtual infrastructure information for a given hypervisor.

New Features in UCS Manager Plugin 2.0(3):

• Defect fixes

Supported vSphere Web Client Releases:

• vSphere Web Client 5.5
  • vSphere Web Client 6.0
  • vSphere Web Client 6.5

Refer to release notes and user guide for more details.

Comments
reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The issue is fixed and the updated registration tool 0.9.6 is available above for download.

CiscoCallHome
Community Member

Any word on this issue getting resolved in a newer version?

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is just the Registration tool refresh, We will be releasing new version of plugin soon with the fix for this.

Vaibhav

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

David,

Please share the web client logs.

Log Location:

Windows:  C:\ProgramData\vmware\vSphere Web Client\serviceability\logs\vsphere_client_virgo.log

VCenter Appliance/Linux: /var/log/vmware/vsphere-client/logs/vsphere_client_virgo.log

Regards,

Vaibhav

dalefebv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Vaibhav, I sent you the log file via e-mail.

Thanks for your help!

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi David,

I do see following stacktrace in the log:

[2014-09-09 14:57:59.920] [WARN ] http-bio-9443-exec-14         org.springframework.flex.core.DefaultExceptionLogger              The following exception occurred during request processing by the BlazeDS MessageBroker and will be serialized back to the client:  flex.messaging.MessageException: Cannot invoke method 'registerUcs'.

at flex.messaging.util.MethodMatcher.methodNotFound(MethodMatcher.java:387)

at flex.messaging.util.MethodMatcher.getMethod(MethodMatcher.java:172)

at flex.messaging.services.remoting.adapters.JavaAdapter.invoke(JavaAdapter.java:417)

at com.vmware.vise.messaging.remoting.JavaAdapterEx.invoke(JavaAdapterEx.java:30)

at flex.messaging.services.RemotingService.serviceMessage(RemotingService.java:183)

at flex.messaging.MessageBroker.routeMessageToService(MessageBroker.java:1400)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.AbstractEndpoint.serviceMessage(AbstractEndpoint.java:1011)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.AbstractEndpoint$$FastClassByCGLIB$$1a3ef066.invoke(<generated>)

at net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:149)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(Cglib2AopProxy.java:689)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)

at org.springframework.flex.core.MessageInterceptionAdvice.invoke(MessageInterceptionAdvice.java:66)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.adapter.ThrowsAdviceInterceptor.invoke(ThrowsAdviceInterceptor.java:124)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$FixedChainStaticTargetInterceptor.intercept(Cglib2AopProxy.java:573)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.SecureAMFEndpoint$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$93eb7d8a.serviceMessage(<generated>)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.MessageBrokerFilter.invoke(MessageBrokerFilter.java:103)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.LegacyFilter.invoke(LegacyFilter.java:158)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.SessionFilter.invoke(SessionFilter.java:44)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.BatchProcessFilter.invoke(BatchProcessFilter.java:67)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.SerializationFilter.invoke(SerializationFilter.java:166)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.BaseHTTPEndpoint.service(BaseHTTPEndpoint.java:291)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.SecureAMFEndpoint$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$93eb7d8a.service(<generated>)

at org.springframework.flex.servlet.MessageBrokerHandlerAdapter.handle(MessageBrokerHandlerAdapter.java:109)

at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:923)

at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:852)

at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:882)

at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:789)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:755)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)

at org.eclipse.virgo.web.tomcat.support.ApplicationNameTrackingValve.invoke(ApplicationNameTrackingValve.java:33)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:929)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1002)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:585)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:312)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

There is some thing off either with the web client installation or your setup. This error is coming from blazeDS (web client application). I will try to investigate further and keep you posted, meanwhile if you have any other setup, you can try the plugin there.  

Thanks,

Vaibhav

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Other option is to check with vmware on this issue. Are there any other plugins in this setup? Are they working fine?

Thanks,

Ravikumar

dalefebv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hmm.  Interesting.  I will investigate on my side, but so far this vCenter installation has been pretty stable.  I don't have other plug-ins installed.  It is pretty vanilla.

I installed the latest patch a few weeks ago if I remember correctly and everything went well.

Thanks for the information; I'll check on the VMware side.

aalexanian1
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same Issue David when installing the plugin to vCenter appliance 5.5.0.10200 Build 1891314. My plugin was working with version 0.96 but I got an error when I upgraded to 1.02. Looks like the problem was because I used HTTP instead of HTTS for the location of the plugin. The effect of this was the UCS icon never showed up.

I backed out  by un-registering the plugin, then installed v0.96. I got exited when I saw that UCS icon show up. I upgraded to 1.02 using HTTPS for the plugin location and the UCS icon still was showing up in vCenter. I then proceed to register the UCSM but sadly got "Cannot invoke method 'registerUcs'."

Thanks

Andre Alexanian

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

Did you try restarting the web client service?

Regards

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

Can you check the Host > summary page and see if the UCS portlet shows all the information correctly.

Regards,

Vaibhav

dalefebv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, I did as aalexanian1 suggested and like by magic it now works.  Thanks a lot for your help!

aalexanian1
Level 1
Level 1

I sure did start the Web client service and when that didn't fix anything, I rebooted the vCenter appliance with same result.

Is there a way to truly scrub the UCS plugin from the vCenter because un-registering does not seem to bring back the vCenter to it's original state?

This morning, I un-registered 1.02, restarted the web client  and installed 0.96. Magically my registered UCS Domain  that I had previously registered 2 weeks ago was resurrected and is working. I then restarted the web services and proceeded to upgraded the plugin to 1.02. I had to  restarted the web services because the web client would not work anymore and gave and error .

Sadly UCS plugin upgrade wiped my registered UCS Domain. I then proceed to register the UCSM but sadly got "Cannot invoke method 'registerUcs'."

SmokinBanz
Level 1
Level 1

Is there an update on the minimum permissions for KVM launch? We currently use Role-server-equipment for that via the web gui, but it's not updating in the vcenter web client.

francocapizzo
Community Member

I was able to successfully register the 1.02 plugin, and then register 2 pods.  On 1 ESX host in UCS Pod B, opening a KVM console is successful.  But with 2 ESX hosts that reside in UCS Pod A, I receive the following message when trying to open the KVM console:

Not able to launch KVM.  The IP address to reach this server is not set.

I'm able to successfully connect to UCS Manager on Pod A, as well as open KVM consoles to those 2 blades.  Any idea what this message means?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links