Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

End of Support Notice: Support for the Flex-based Plugin for VMware vSphere has been discontinued.  The HTML based Plugin is recommended as a replacement.

Previous Release Information:

Cisco UCS Manager Plugin is an extension for the vSphere Web Client. It enables virtualization administrators to view, manage and monitor various aspects of Cisco UCS physical infrastructure. The result is a single pane of glass for Virtual Center users to get both physical and virtual infrastructure information for a given hypervisor.

New Features in UCS Manager Plugin 2.0(3):

• Defect fixes

Supported vSphere Web Client Releases:

• vSphere Web Client 5.5
  • vSphere Web Client 6.0
  • vSphere Web Client 6.5

Refer to release notes and user guide for more details.

Comments
vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

The KVM launch should work for server equipment privilege. Currently plugin supports following privileges : admin, Server maintenance, Server policy, Server equipment.

The KVM launch button should get enabled for above privileges. We will enabling support for other privileges in next release.

Regards 

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

It seems that you do not enough available IPs in your management ip pool. Refer the following discussion thread for more information.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11391251/kvm-launch-manager-and-ip-address-not-set

baileyt
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also having an issue with the client, but it's in the form of usage.  It seems a bit flaky in that when going into our registered domain sometimes it'll have the correct information like number of chassis and fabric interconnects and sometimes it'll only have some of the information.  I also attempt opening up a KVM session with any of our VMware-based blades and receive the error "This action is not available for any of the selected objects at this time." within the webpage.  We're running vCenter 5.5 u2 and v1.0(2) of the UCS plugin.

senthil andavan
Level 1
Level 1

Can Anyone help me on this issue?

Senthil

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

Senthil,

We are not aware of any issue with AD authentication in the plugin. Please attach the web client log. 

Did you try launching UCSM GUI with same credentials.

-Vaibhav

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

This is strange, Please attach the web client log, we will investigate the issue.

Vaibhav

senthil andavan
Level 1
Level 1

Vaibhav,

Thanks . I found the solution. it is not AD Authentication issue. the user Name format is incorrect. I used My AD domain ID for UCS domain registration it did not worked.  logged in UCSM with my AD account and Verfied the UCSM remotely Authenticated users details and found it was logged in as ucs-mydomainname\my user ID . used the same  format while register the UCS domain. it got worked. this Problem resolved.

I got another problem , I am trying to launch KVM from Webclient but getting error message  that "viewer has terminated" . Not able to open the KVM. please help me on this.

Senthil

shannonhooker
Level 1
Level 1

I get this error also, did you ever resolve this?

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

Please send us the web client log. We want to investigate this issue.

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

Senthil,

Are you getting this error only with vCenter plugin or you also get it when you launch kvm console via UCSM GUI.

Regards,

Vaibhav

senthil andavan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vaibhav,

I am getting this error in vCenter Plugin only

Senthil

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

Please attach or send me the web client log.

senthil andavan
Level 1
Level 1

Vaibhav,

I can't find the logs

Senthil

senthil andavan
Level 1
Level 1

Vaibhav,

I did not find the logs in default location. Pls let me know path of log files..

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Senthil,

You should look for the log in the machine where vsphere web client is installed.

Log Location:

Windows:  C:\ProgramData\vmware\vSphere Web Client\serviceability\logs\vsphere_client_virgo.log

VCenter Appliance/Linux: /var/log/vmware/vsphere-client/logs/vsphere_client_virgo.log

If you still can't find it out, please give your mail id and we will setup a webex or raise a case with TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links