Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

End of Support Notice: Support for the Flex-based Plugin for VMware vSphere has been discontinued.  The HTML based Plugin is recommended as a replacement.

Previous Release Information:

Cisco UCS Manager Plugin is an extension for the vSphere Web Client. It enables virtualization administrators to view, manage and monitor various aspects of Cisco UCS physical infrastructure. The result is a single pane of glass for Virtual Center users to get both physical and virtual infrastructure information for a given hypervisor.

New Features in UCS Manager Plugin 2.0(3):

• Defect fixes

Supported vSphere Web Client Releases:

• vSphere Web Client 5.5
  • vSphere Web Client 6.0
  • vSphere Web Client 6.5

Refer to release notes and user guide for more details.

Comments
smith107
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Puneet! I didn't see that documented anywhere, but it worked.

morris_nwn
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to registrar the plugin and keep getting the following error:

"The zip file is not a valid Cisco UCS Plugin package. Enter the location of a valid Cisco UCS Plugin package."

I am downloading the zip file, ucs-vcplugin-1.1.1.zip, directly from Cisco's site. Anyone else see this behavior?

prelhan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

It seems that the Registration tool is not able to extract the Cisco UCS Plugin zip file with your mentioned URL(under Plugin Location field).

Could you please share the URL, which you are mentioning under plugin location on Registration tool?

Thanks,

Puneet

I usually just copy the add-on files in the vsphere web client plugin directory with all the other add-on and just recycle the web service services. for me the registration tool is useless because we cant deploy or have access to web services in the prod environment. this is also way easier. to bad its not documented or that the registration tool does not support simple file usage.

but here is the complete method I use to install the plugin in the vsphere environment:

On the Vcenter stop the Web client service

Copy the plugin files in the c:\program files\vmware\infrastructure\vspherewebclient\plugin-packages

Create directory ucsm-Plugin

Copy files (from Zip file ucs-vcplugin-X.X.X.zip)

You should have a plugins directory and a XLM plugin-package XML doc

Restart web client

Add plugin from web vsphere interface home in vsphere web client.

Register domain.

That’s all.

I hope this help's you out

Falk Fischer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

installed the plugin to VCSA6.0 today.

Unfortunately, after rebooting the VCSA, the Plugin is unable to start :-(

Error calling getSettings: Could not connect to vSphere Web Client. Contact your administrator to fix this issue.

Any ideas why?

thanks

Falk

morris_nwn
Level 1
Level 1

I attempted the below but receive a new error:

“Cannot navigate to the desired location. Error details: An error occurred while activating extension con.cisco.ucs.vcplugin.ui.appview. Error #206”

When trying to install with the registration tool, I was pointing to a local web server and file name. Is there a public URL we should use for the registration tool?

charr0001
Community Member

Paul,

You might want to check permissions on all the relevant files. When I registered the plugin, I used the tool and put the zip file on a neighboring Apache server I brought up just for the registering tool. Make sure you can browse to the .zip file on your server from where the registration tool is running. I found also that it complains less if you use https in your URL.

Falk Fischer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have this problem too.

What was the solution to this issue? We're using VCSA6.0.

Thank you.

Greetings

Falk

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you seeing the "Cannot navigate to the desired location." error when you launch the vsphere web client UI? If yes, can you try clearing the browser history or launch again or try launching the client by keeping the browser in incognito/private mode?

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

The plugin-package location in 6.0 is different than 5.x. That might be one of the reason. Reregistration should resolve this issue as vSphere web client will download the files again in correct directory.

Regards,

Vaibhav 

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Stephane,

I totally agree with the complexity here, This limitation is actually coming from vmware for plugin registration. That's the officially supported method for plugin registration. The method mentioned by you always works, only thing to notice here is that vcenter's extension manager do not get to know anything about it. So if you use registration tool to register the plugin, the plugin also gets registered with vcenter's extension manager. In that case even if your vSphere web client server changes, extension manager will take care of deploying the plugin there.

Regards,

Vaibhav

morris_nwn
Level 1
Level 1

The only problems is, I cannot get the registration tool to work. None of the other plugins I use are as complicated to use. This should be a simple install and has already taken up too much of my time.

Falk Fischer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

I've already done a re-registration of the plugin - without success.

Where should be the plugin located? Thanks.

Falk

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Paul,

The plugin is supported by TAC and please raise a SR to get the issue resolved. Without the logs or looking at the setup, it will be difficult for us to provide any solution. The plugin is tested and there aren't any issues observed in our setups.

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Falk,

The plugin is supported by TAC and please raise a SR to get the issue resolved. Without the logs or looking at the setup, it will be difficult for us to provide any solution. The plugin is tested and there aren't any issues observed in our setups.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links