Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

End of Support Notice: Support for the Flex-based Plugin for VMware vSphere has been discontinued.  The HTML based Plugin is recommended as a replacement.

Previous Release Information:

Cisco UCS Manager Plugin is an extension for the vSphere Web Client. It enables virtualization administrators to view, manage and monitor various aspects of Cisco UCS physical infrastructure. The result is a single pane of glass for Virtual Center users to get both physical and virtual infrastructure information for a given hypervisor.

New Features in UCS Manager Plugin 2.0(3):

• Defect fixes

Supported vSphere Web Client Releases:

• vSphere Web Client 5.5
  • vSphere Web Client 6.0
  • vSphere Web Client 6.5

Refer to release notes and user guide for more details.

Comments
Falk Fischer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is already opened.

greetings

Falk

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please share the SR number. We will look into it.

Falk Fischer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

here is the case id: 636367361

thanks

Falk

morris_nwn
Level 1
Level 1

I don’t really have a local web server that I can use. Do you have a public web server URL that hosts the file? If not, does anyone have some simple instructions to put the file on IIS or a simple tool to where I don’t have to install an IIS server?

morris_nwn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, my case id is 636409505<https://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/scm/mgmt/case/srsubmit?srId=636409505>. Thank you!

brian_bambrick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Puneet,

This isn't really a fix for the problem, it's a workaround.

In vSphere 6 you should not need to specifically enter the 9443 port as everything is reverse proxied through the machine_ssl cert on the vCenter server appliance.

When will this plugin be updated to be fully compatible with vSphere 6? You can't say that the plugin works properly if it causes errors when you access the VS6 web client at the default URL.

Regards,

- Brian

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brian, Yes, Its a workaround. The fix will be available in the next release. Thanks, Vaibhav

brian_bambrick
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the update

One final question - I'm attempting to connect to the KVM console of a blade server and I'm getting a message about "Not able to launch KVM. The IP address to reach this server is not set."

When I look in UCS Manager I can see that the Management IP address is set (using a pool, but not the default IP pool ext-mgmt). We have 96 servers and there are 96 IPs in the pool. Connecting via the UCSM interface or the KVM interface works fine.

What address is the plugin trying to contact that the IP address for the KVM server is not set? The one assigned (or not assigned in this case) to the physical blade (i.e. in ext-mgmt) as opposed to the service profile managed IP?

narendra.khattri
Community Member

Hi,

I have successfully installed plugin 1.1.1 to vSphere 5.5 Update 3, its working fine with read only account on UCS domain. Its able to detect ESX and Non-Esx Blades but when checking the ESX blades, its not able to show the ESX blades however it has Non ESX blades details.

Anyone seen this problem before ?  any workaround or suggestion.

Regards,

Naren

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Narendra, I am not able to understand the issue here. Are you saying that when you click on ESX blades, you do not see any data. Regards, Vaibhav

narendra.khattri
Community Member

Hi

There are two issues:

1. Chassis view shows two type of blades. It shows underneath non ESX blades but it doesn't shows ESX blades.

2. After installation and config of the plugin, it just work for the user who configured the UCS plugin and doesn't work for all the users. Even changing the browser for user who configured it it stops showing the UCS domains.

Regards,

Narendra

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. Are you saying that your ESXi blades are shown under non-ESXi blades? If yes, can you let us know the UCSM version? We need logs as well.

Windows:  C:\ProgramData\vmware\vSphere Web Client\serviceability\logs\vsphere_client_virgo.log

VCenter Appliance/Linux: /var/log/vmware/vsphere-client/logs/vsphere_client_virgo.log

2. Its as per design. EWach vSphere Web Client user need to register their UCS domains separately.

From user guide - "When you login to the Cisco UCS Manager plugin, you can view the domains that you have registered. You cannot view or edit the UCS domains registered by different users."

narendra.khattri
Community Member

Hi,

No, problem is ESXi servers are not reflecting et al. Only non ESXi servers (mostly windows) are reflecting.

UCSM is running on 2.2(3d).

Regards,

Narendra

jjmcdani
Level 1
Level 1

Can you please bring back the feature of installing / registering the plugin from devnet.cisco.com?

In the older versions there was a radio button for this.  It's more complicated and painful in the field to install this by downloading somewhere local, finding a URL to post it to, then registering it.

Thank-you!

narendra.khattri
Community Member

Hello There,

Still the problem is same it shows in vSphere client below:

I can navigate the complete UCS POD,
It shows that under Chassis it has got ESX and NON-ESX servers

Clicking on NON ESX Server shows the equipped server details

However it doesn't show any details for the ESX servers.

Suggest me on next steps to take this forward...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links