Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco UCS Smart Plugin v.2.3(1) is now available for HP Operations Manager for Windows.

New Features in Smart Plugin version 2.3(1):

• Plugin now runs as a Windows service so that the operation is not disrupted even if user logs out from the server.
  • Performance of the plugin when starting and stopping the monitoring for multiple UCS domains has been improved.
  • UCS domains are marked as faulted as soon as keepalive fails.
  • Auto discovery of other UCS domains will continue even if discovery for one of the UCS domains fail.
  • Various bug fixes.

With this integration we continue to provide choices for our customers to continue using their monitoring tools of choice while adopting UCS in their environments.

Next release of Cisco UCS Manager Smart Plugin will support HP Operations Manager for Windows as well as Linux.

For any queries/feedback on Smart Plugin for HPOM, please add a discussion to the Cisco Developed Integrations sub-space on Cisco UCS Communities.

Comments
antoninpavil
Community Member

Hi,

Is there a new version of the plugin planned to support UCSM 2.2.1(d)? Or can it be clarified whether 2.3.1 has been sucessfully tested with UCSM 2.2.1?

The plugin stopped working after the UCS kit was upgraded to 2.2.1 (d). The 'susbscription fails' and basically the error popup hints as this being an HPOM issue (OM service not running or user not having the right priviledges) but nothing changed on the HPOM side and it was working prior to the upgrade.

nikekuma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Antonin,

could you please check your HPOM login details again by entering it in server details tab.

i am not able to reproduce it in my domain but  subscription error will come when server details are wrongly entered.

Please let me know for any issues.

antoninpavil
Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for returning to me.

I did that already, the plugin was working fine until the UCS kit was upgraded to 2.2.1(d), the service map was populated and we were getting alerts.

Nothing changed on the HPOM side, then a few weeks later in the UCSM Agent controller the UCS manager server was displayed as ‘not monitored’.

We have the SPI running fine on another installation but there, there has been no UCSM upgrade.

I restarted HPOM (first just the application then complete system reboot), to clear any possible issue, as OM can be unstable after several weeks running, uninstalled/reinstalled the plugin, but nothing works.

So far the only thing that changed is that UCSM was upgraded to 2.2.1(d).

On the OM server details I use the hp-ove-deleg-user account which is one of the 2 OM built in accounts, it is part of the HP-OVE-ADMINS group and has unrestricted access to HPOM.

I also tried with my own account which is also member of the HP-OVE-ADMINS group and local administrator on the OM server, same result.

Regards,

Antonin

nikekuma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Antonin,

Could you please confirm if this issue is resolved or what is the status now?

antoninpavil
Community Member

Hi,

No the issue persists.

I tried several accounts all of which are local administrator and in the HPOM admin group and all fail to start the plugin.

The server details are definitely correct I tripled checked.

Nothing was changed (no system or HPOM patch or other plug in installed) except the upgrade of the UCS kit to 2.2.

The plugin was working and the service tree was updated. Then it stopped working after the UCSM upgrade.

The release notes have a Matrix release indicating 2.3.1 works with UCSM ‘2.1 or higher’.

The fact 2.2 is not mentioned indicates to me this was only tested with 2.1 (otherwise 2.2 would be mentioned) and assuming at the time it would work with future releases.

I think the error message is misleading, the plugin was not designed to UCSM 2.2, encounters an unexpected error, and as a side effect returns the wrong error message.

The plugin is not particularly ‘clean’ by design: for example the UCSM_TEMP folder containing plugin configuration file is saved under the account used at installation (c:\Users\\UCSM_TEMP), meaning it is only accessible to whoever installed it, instead of being created in a common folder such as Program files, ‘All users’ or one of the HP installation folders.

So I do not trust entirely what the message says.

Regards,

Antonin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links