Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Jeffrey Foster
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The following Plugin for VMware vSphere Web Client is available for download from Cisco.com:

Cisco UCS Manager Plugin Release 2.0.3 for VMware vSphere Web Client:

Downloads:

Documentation Links:

External customers - For any issues, contact Cisco TAC (highly recommended for quick resolution) or add a discussion to the Cisco Developed Integrations sub-space on Cisco UCS Communities. Send your suggestions for new features/enhancements to ucs-vmw-plugins@cisco.com.

Internal (Cisco) customers and employees - Contact us at ucs-vcplugin@cisco.com for support questions and ucs-vmw-plugins@cisco.com for roadmap questions, new feature requests and feedback.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cisco UCS Manager Plugin Release 1.0.1 for VMware vCenter Orchestrator:

Downloads:

Documentation Links:

External customers - For any issues, contact Cisco TAC (highly recommended for quick resolution) or add a discussion to the Cisco Developed Integrations sub-space on Cisco UCS Communities. Send your suggestions for new features/enhancements to ucs-vmw-plugins@cisco.com.

Internal (Cisco) customers and employees - Contact us at ucs-vco@cisco.com for support questions and ucs-vmw-plugins@cisco.com for roadmap questions, new feature requests and feedback.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cisco UCS Central Plugin Release 1.0 for VMware vRealize Orchestrator:

Downloads:

Documentation Links:

Internal (Cisco) customers and employees - Contact us at ucs-vco@cisco.com for support questions and ucs-vmw-plugins@cisco.com for roadmap questions, new feature requests and feedback.

Comments

Hi Vaibhav,

I started to have this issue lately everything we re-lunch the web client we need to re-register the UCS plugin else its not working.

Any idea if this will get a fix?

we are using version 1.2.2 on Vsphere 6.0

TX for this plugin it is extremely useful and a big time saver.

Stephane.

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Stephane,  Are you saying that you are facing the issue of re-registering the plugin with 1.2.2 on vCenter 6.0?

Andreas Linde
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Using vCenter Appliance 6.0 and registered the plugin with regtool 1.2.2. That part is successful and the plugin is visible when browsing mob, but not when accessing vCenter Web Client. vCenter has been restarted.
Any suggestions on what can be wrong and where to look?

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Andreas, The registration process works as follows: 1. When user registers the plugin using registration tool, Registration Tool checks for valid URL and registers the url with vsphere extension manager.  (Which shows up in mob). The plugin DOES NOT get downloaded in vCenter server in this step. 2. When user logins to web client next time, the web client checks for all the plugin registered with extension manager and downloads the new plugins. If plugin url is not accessible from vCenter, the plugin does not get downloaded. To test this you can try to do a wget of the plugin url from vCenter shell. something like : cd /tmp wget . If download fails, please make sure that you fix the network connectivity between webclient and Http server which is hosting your plugin. Regards, Vaibhav  

NGX IT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Vaibhav,

I am experiencing the same error as reported in the post by ari@sensa.is Jun 30, 2015 8:51 AM.

My environment is: vSphere Web Client 6.0.0 Build 2994041, vCenter 6.0.

I am using the following tools: PowerCLI 6.5, Registration Tool 1.1.3, and am trying to install ucs-vcplugin-2.0.1.zip

I have verified the contents of the zip folder and the network connectivity between vCenter and the http server.

However, I still keep receiving the error. Any suggestions?

Regards

Gert Leunis
Level 1
Level 1

We also see the following error:

https://communities.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/105-20187-88307/image001.png

The environment is vSphere Web Client 6.5.0 Build 2994041, vCenter 6.5.

We are using the following tools: PowerCLI 6.5, Registration Tool 1.1.3, and am trying to install ucs-vcplugin-2.0.3.zip

We have verified the contents of the zip folder and the network connectivity between vCenter and the http server.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

dsoper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I was not able to duplicate the issue in my environment (vCenter 6.5, registration tool 1.1.3, and plugin 2.0.3) with the plugin hosted on a https file server.

I’ve also reached out to the development team for any suggestions, but opening a TAC case is probably the quickest way to work on the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

lbuczek01
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue

I used :

- VMware-PowerCLI-5.1.0-793510

- Registration Tool 1.1.3

- Hosted ucs-vcplugin-2.0.3.zip via Linux apache ( mod_ssl) server . When i hosted on my windows web server i got the same message

pablo.cpw
Community Member

Hi folks, verify that the permission for Administrator user is set under SolutionUsers Group on vSphere.

It was the issue to my environment.

tommy182
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same issue...

VMware-PowerCLI-6.5

Registration Tool 1.1.3

Hosted ucs-vcplugin-2.0.3.zip via hfs server on windows(http), and on cisco_community(https)

sachin.jogdand
Community Member

Can I remove hosted plug-in once it is successfully register with vCenter server?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links