Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Jeffrey Foster
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The following Plugin for VMware vSphere Web Client is available for download from Cisco.com:

Cisco UCS Manager Plugin Release 2.0.3 for VMware vSphere Web Client:

Downloads:

Documentation Links:

External customers - For any issues, contact Cisco TAC (highly recommended for quick resolution) or add a discussion to the Cisco Developed Integrations sub-space on Cisco UCS Communities. Send your suggestions for new features/enhancements to ucs-vmw-plugins@cisco.com.

Internal (Cisco) customers and employees - Contact us at ucs-vcplugin@cisco.com for support questions and ucs-vmw-plugins@cisco.com for roadmap questions, new feature requests and feedback.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cisco UCS Manager Plugin Release 1.0.1 for VMware vCenter Orchestrator:

Downloads:

Documentation Links:

External customers - For any issues, contact Cisco TAC (highly recommended for quick resolution) or add a discussion to the Cisco Developed Integrations sub-space on Cisco UCS Communities. Send your suggestions for new features/enhancements to ucs-vmw-plugins@cisco.com.

Internal (Cisco) customers and employees - Contact us at ucs-vco@cisco.com for support questions and ucs-vmw-plugins@cisco.com for roadmap questions, new feature requests and feedback.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cisco UCS Central Plugin Release 1.0 for VMware vRealize Orchestrator:

Downloads:

Documentation Links:

Internal (Cisco) customers and employees - Contact us at ucs-vco@cisco.com for support questions and ucs-vmw-plugins@cisco.com for roadmap questions, new feature requests and feedback.

Comments
senthil andavan
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I have installed plugin and trying to register the UCS domain with AD user ID but getting error "not able to log in ".

pls someone help me on this...

Senthil

clepine
Community Member

Hi,

trying to install the Plugin in prod but we have no access to any Https or internet from the isolated prod zone.

this is a real issue we need to be able to install from local source.

any work around?

the old trick with the old url is not working.

Thanks

Stephane.

senthil andavan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Lee Turchin,

Try with local authentication user id (admin) while register the UCS domain .

I used local user ID and able to log in UCS domain.

Senthil

senthil andavan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Stephane,

For your issue answer provided by Vaibhav Jain in this thread .. see his advise.

Senthil

lturchin1
Level 1
Level 1

Successfully installed plugin.  We have continual issues with the plugin un registering itself.  Even after a successful re register of the plug in, the UCS information will not show up in the UCS window.  Anyone else a victim of this behavior?  UCS will not populate even after a re register or a new register.

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Lee,

Which version of UCSM? How many chassis/Blades/Racks are in one domain?

We have recently observed similar issue in the scale setups.

Regards

lturchin1
Level 1
Level 1

Using V. 1.0(2)   5 Domains as many as 18 Chassis 130 Blades in largest one.

Other domains have anywhere from 6 Chassis up to 10 Chassis.

Lee

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

Lee,

As i said this seems to be the same issue what we observed in our scale setups recently, unfortunately there is no workaround as of now. We will have the fix for this in the next release.

Regards,

Vaibhav

rfinfusionsoft
Community Member

This really is a poorly designed plug in, I tried to update to the latest version and I dont see the UCS plugin at all now. I would recommend not using it at all.

prelhan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Roman,

We regret the inconvenience and distress caused to you during your experience with UCS Plugin.

if you are unable to see UCS plugin then I'll suggest you to try below steps.

Unregister the UCS Plugin using registration tool.

Delete existing plugin files.

Restart the web client service and Register the latest plugin using the registration tool.

You will certainly will  able to see the latest plugin.

We sincerely thank you for your patience and persistence; it has helped us reinforce internal efforts to avoid reoccurrence of such instance in future.

Puneet 

bhuttah01
Community Member

so i got the plugin working. but when i go to add a server, first i get 'Invalid Certificate encountered. Invalid Certificate Action ? Accept/Reject' , I accept the certificate. but then it gives the error . "not able to login to UCS. Connection to IPADDRESS failed. Reason: server returned HTTP response code:400 for URL: https://IPADDRESS/nuova "

the same server was succefully registered under plugin 0.9.2, now we are on 1.1.1

bhuttah01
Community Member

ANYONE ??? hello !!!

nnatesan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Hasaan,

I see you are having issue with the vSphere Web Client plug in v1.1.1. Could you please let me know the versions of the following in your environment;

vSphere web client

vCenter Server

VMware Powercli

Also are you using LDAP methods to authenticate and register the UCS domain? If this had worked in your previous release, I am wondering if there is a version or a prerequisite is missing in your environment that is required by our latest plug in.

Thanks,

Nithya

bhuttah01
Community Member

Sorry about the delay... please see the answers below in bold.

vSphere web client  = 5.5.0 build 1879799

vCenter Server = 5.5.0 build 1891313

VMware Powercli = 5.1.0 build 4977

i am using local authentication to add the UCS domain.

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hasaan - What is the version of the UCS Manager?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links