Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Ghufz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco UCS PowerTool Core suite is a set of PowerShell Core modules for Cisco UCS Manager, Cisco IMC and Cisco UCS Central that helps in configuration and management of Cisco UCS domains and solutions.

Cisco UCS PowerTool Core Suite is developed using PowerShell Core and .NET Core to support running PowerTool on Linux Operating Systems and Docker Containers. This release of the PowerTool Core is built on top of the PowerShell 6.1.1 release. Refer to PowerShell Git-Hub site for detailed instructions on installing PowerShell on the supported operating systems of your choice.

For instructions on installing and getting started with UCS PowerTool Core Suite refer to the document attached to this post.

For module specific documentation refer to Cisco UCS PowerTool Suite - PowerShell Modules for Cisco UCS Manager, Cisco IMC, UCS Central 

External customers - For any queries/feedback on PowerTool, contact Cisco TAC or ucs-powertool@cisco.com or add a discussion to the Cisco Developed Integrations sub-space on Cisco UCS Communities

We are also on Slack - slack requires registration, but the cisco-ucs-powertool channel on powershell team is open invitation to anyone to register here. Once you join the powershell slack team you can join cisco-ucs-powertool channel here

Internal (Cisco) customers and employees - Contact us at ucs-powertool@cisco.comucs-powertool@cisco.comfor support questions and ask-ucs-tme@cisco.com or ask-ucs-pm@cisco.com for roadmap questions and feedback.

Comments
Jake.Hedges
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Cisco team,

I notice .pdf does not include Windows instructions.  I assume since PowerShell main branch is now Core, PowerTool will also be main branch on Core also right?  I've already migrated to PowerShell 7 and most scripts are totally functional, but I just want to check if .msi for PowerTool Core is going to be standard on software.downloads or not? 

Thanks again -  Jake

srehling
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Any thoughts on releasing a dockerfile for this?

jomcdono
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If anyone is interested I did make a docker image for UCS PowerTool

https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/ciscodevnet/ucs-powertool-core

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links