cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IMC Plugin for Nagios

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

I'm trying to install the IMC plugin 0.9.4. I'm running Nagios Core 4.4.5. There doesn't seem to have been any posts on this in a while I'm wondering if the plugin will still work? The install guide is dated 2017.

I'm looking to monitor a UCS C240M3 running firmware 3.0(4k).

When I try to run the installer.py I get:

Searching for Nagios executable service file...
No default path found.....

Many thanks

3 Replies 3

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

For anyone interested I managed to get this to work.

I manually unpacked the .tar files edited the IMCHostInfo.csv (which tells the script the details of the CIMC) then ran the NagiosAutoDiscoveryIMC.py. This script created a bunch of .cfg files for Nagios under /usr/local/nagios/etc/cisco/imcObjs

I then edited my nagios.cfg file to include the new files.

alex3105
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I also see the plugin's outdated documentation, however I would like to keep my monitoring platform even on Nagios.

A mmoulson1 query, could you tell me the link of the Cisco IMC Python SDK since when I try to install the Cisco IMC it asks me for it .. I have already tried several downloads and I cannot find it.

Sorry I have only just seen your query. I wish I had made more notes when I completed the install. I tried so many different things to get it working I could not tell you which download link I used.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer