cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Import production image into UCSP Emulator

AztecLogic
Level 1
Level 1

I have downloaded and installed the latest version of USCPE 212 (the VM).

But i cant figure out how to import my ASA configuration.

can someone give me a brief lesson or point me to a tutorial?

Thanks -

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi James,

Using the UCSPE, you can do a import of your production live UCS system.

Browse the IP address configured on UCSPE in the browser. Please follow the below steps mentioned,

Step 1 : In the Navigation pane, click the Emulator Settings menu tab.

Step 2 Click Start-up Inventory.

Step 3 On the Startup Hardware Inventory page, click the Import Equipment from Live UCS icon on the icon

bar.

Step 4 In the Cisco UCS Server field, enter the web link for the Cisco UCS Manager GUI of the Cisco UCS domain

from which you want to import the equipment.

Step 5 Enter a valid user name and password for the Cisco UCS domain.

Any user with read-only or higher privileges can access the hardware inventory configuration.

Step 6 Click Load.

Step 7 Restart the Cisco UCS Platform Emulator VM to overwrite and replace the existing hardware inventory

configuration with the new one, as follows:

a) On the Startup Hardware Inventory page, click the Restart Emulator with this Hardware Setup icon

on the icon bar.

b) In the Are you sure you want to reset UCSM Database and Restart UCS Emulator now? field, click

the Yes radio button.

c) Click Reset UCSM Database and Restart UCS Emulator.

After restart, UCSPE will restart with the config similar to your live UCS system.

Regards,

Sharan Sridhar

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

micturne
Level 4
Level 4

You should be able to find what you need here: UCS Platform Emulator Downloads (latest: UCSPE 2.2(1bPE1))

-Mike

Mike I already have the emulator running.  What I am looking for is how to read-in my running config file from my production ASA?

Hi James,

Using the UCSPE, you can do a import of your production live UCS system.

Browse the IP address configured on UCSPE in the browser. Please follow the below steps mentioned,

Step 1 : In the Navigation pane, click the Emulator Settings menu tab.

Step 2 Click Start-up Inventory.

Step 3 On the Startup Hardware Inventory page, click the Import Equipment from Live UCS icon on the icon

bar.

Step 4 In the Cisco UCS Server field, enter the web link for the Cisco UCS Manager GUI of the Cisco UCS domain

from which you want to import the equipment.

Step 5 Enter a valid user name and password for the Cisco UCS domain.

Any user with read-only or higher privileges can access the hardware inventory configuration.

Step 6 Click Load.

Step 7 Restart the Cisco UCS Platform Emulator VM to overwrite and replace the existing hardware inventory

configuration with the new one, as follows:

a) On the Startup Hardware Inventory page, click the Restart Emulator with this Hardware Setup icon

on the icon bar.

b) In the Are you sure you want to reset UCSM Database and Restart UCS Emulator now? field, click

the Yes radio button.

c) Click Reset UCSM Database and Restart UCS Emulator.

After restart, UCSPE will restart with the config similar to your live UCS system.

Regards,

Sharan Sridhar

Hi

I have tried importing my production image through the Powershell CLI, The method in the user guide and above and through the import config through the GUI.

The new hardware never shows up in the Emulator Startup inventory and the hardware never shows up in the GUI.

I have checked and the FI type is correct in the Emulator settings

The production xml file looks to be correct.

Cisco UCS 6248UP 48port FI

I am using ucspe ucspe to log in with.

I have exported the default config and can re-import it with no issue.

I have tried this with the 2.2(4b) version and the 2.2(5) version of the Emulator

Any ideas?

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Q. Will this load only the hardware configuration of the live UCS system, or the pools, service profiles and templates as well ?

I thought the service profiles are the actual hardware configurations.

Cilghaljade
Level 4
Level 4

I have tried to do the Import from Live UCS, but I am getting an error:  "Login Issue Server Error:  code -1:  500 SSL negotiation failed::"  I am using a valid login with administrative access, both an LDAP account and the UCS local admin account.  My production UCS is 2.2.4c, but the emulator is running at 3.1.1e.  Would the different firmware versions make a difference?

I am experiencing the same issue. Is there anyone out there that can answer this question?

johnkirsch
Level 1
Level 1

I have exactly the same issue.  Why would the ucs emulator require a valid cert to make a connection?  Is there a way to accept any cert?

Hi John,

I was wondering if you ever found a solution to this issue as I am experiencing the exact same problem.

Thanks

Ken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer