Views
Helpful
Replies

Need a starting point with UCS plugin for vCenter Orchestrator

martinvoelkel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

I'm familiar with the vCenter Orchestrator and want to use this tool to automate some basic UCS administrative tasks.

I already noticed the example workflows, the actions and searched a bit in the API explorer.

Currently we installed the plugin and got two use cases, which we would like to implement, but If i take a look into all firmware-related actions I'm confused.

The use cases are:

1. add vlans to specific UCS manager, set the L2 uplink portchannel for this vlan, assign it to vHBA-templates

2. update/activate a specific firmware on a service-profile associated blade

Is there something like a proxy program to capture the scripting commands while performing the actions in the GUI or via PowerTool? For example the action "setFirmwareImage", I think this action may help for the use case #2 but I have absolutely no clue what this action is doing as I can't find any documentation concerning this.

Any help is really appreciated.

Regards

Martin

1 Reply 1

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry for the delay in response. Let us know if you still need assistance. For faster and prompt response, please contact us through Cisco TAC in future.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer