cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No XML API definition for type "equipmentHealthLed" in the UCSM schema?

YuWang
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.

I am trying to use the UCS XML API to retrieve the health status of a blade. The XML request I'm using is:

<configResolveChildren
    inDn="sys/chassis-1/blade-1"
    inHierarchical="false"
    cookie="1531708258/f8db41e4-c408-4126-bb27-5b75a12ba9f4"
    classId="equipmentHealthLed"/>

And I get the response XML as:

<configResolveChildren cookie="1531708258/f8db41e4-c408-4126-bb27-5b75a12ba9f4" response="yes" classId="equipmentHealthLed"> 
<outConfigs>
<equipmentHealthLed
    color="green"
    dn="sys/chassis-1/blade-1/health-led"
    healthLedState="normal"
    healthLedStateQualifier=""
    id="0"
    name=""
    operState="on"/>
</outConfigs>
</configResolveChildren>

So far so good, until I want to unmarshal the response XML into a Java object. Because there is no definition of the type "equipmentHealthLed" in UCS schema 3.2, I cannot use Java JAXB to auto generate the class for this type and to unmarshal the XML response into a Java object.

I am wondering:

1) Why there is no definition of this type in the API schema; Is it something private that user should not depend on?

2) Is there any other types or ways can be used to retrieve the health status of a blade instead of this type?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dsoper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
4 Replies 4

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,
You might be already aware of it but sharing it here.

UCS powertool or UCS python SDK does not fit your needs ?

you can explore the UCSM MIT via visore -- http://<ucsm-ip-address>/visore.html

Thanks

Thanks padramas for reply.

I know how to get information about UCS entities by using its XML API. My major concern is: Can a software product depend on a UCS class (i.e., the "equipmentHealthLed") which is not defined in its XML schema (the ucs-xml-schema-3.2.zip downloaded from this post). Will this class be changed in some future UCS releases. It's something like "undocumented API" which may be changed or even gone in some day and then all software depending on it may be broken.

dsoper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The equipmentHealthLed is part of the 3.2(3g) schema now posted at https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-computing-system/ucs-manager-xml-schemas/ta-p/3697869

That's just what I need. Thanks dsoper.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer