cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCOM Alert Acknowledgement with UCS work?

paul.mancuso
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried to configure the SCOM Subscription channel to provide an Acknowledgement of an Alert discovered within SCOM's monitoring. I am not able to effect a change on UCS with the channel configuration outlined in the SCOM 2.6.1 User guide. Does this feature work?

Paul

7 Replies 7

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

Yes, This feature works in v2.6.1 of Management Pack..

In case you are not able to resolve the issue, please let us know, we might have to take a look at it over a webex session...

Thanks,

Amit Kumar

Hi Amit:

I have gone back and reset the permissions for all of the service and runas accounts to ensure proper communication. I also removed the use of LDAP access for the UCS RunAs and deleted all references to the LDAP setup. It worked perfectly for roll based access to UCS but connectivity with an LDAP account use for the UCS RunAs account seemed to not allow continuous Alert messages to show up in Ops Mgr.

I am seeing Management Pack Events showing the "Information" details of the sending of the acknowledgements to the UCS domain.

Can you please guide me on how to make the events that occur in UCS reflect more quickly within Ops Mgr. I understand that the Management Pack requires the modification of the time frames within the Authoring console of the Object Discoveries. Is there a way to do this in a more general fashion as opposed to each individual agent of the Management Pack?

If a Webex section can get this done, i am available when you are.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Fault collection from UCS runs every 12 minutes by default in the v2.6.1 of Management Pack. We do not recommend lowering this interval further. In case you are doing it, it has to be done individually for each UCS Domain from the authoring console.

Thanks,

Amit Kumar

Which object would lower this value for the entire domain? Thanks!

Paul

Hi Paul,

First you need to alter the Interval second of Object Discovery "Cisco UCS Instance Discovery", this will pull out data from  UCS more frequently.

Then open "View Management Pack Objects --> Rules" on each domain and alter the Interval seconds for the required component. This will push the information into SCOM more frequently.

Thanks,

Amit Kumar

Hi Amit:

Will this default to a lower interval in future releases? Is it still 12 minutes, or is 10 minutes now?

Paul

Hi Paul,

The Operations Manager Management Pack default interval values are as follows:

• Rules—600 seconds

• Monitors—920 seconds

• Discovery—1800-1900 seconds

• Load Cache Script—720 seconds

Instructions for adjusting the interval values are avaialble in the User Guide (Available Here):

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/msft_tools/scom/scom_2-6/scom_2-6_user_guide/scom_2_6_user…

I don't anticipate any reduction in the default interval values in coming releases, but we do outline this process in our document this so customers can adjust based on the requirements of their environment. Please note that these updates should be taken with care. Cheers!

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer