cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCOM UCS MP v3.1.1 installation problems

lmalthouse
Level 1
Level 1

We are using the Cisco UCS MP version 2.6.1 in our SCOM production environment (SCOM 2012 R2), but we are looking to upgrade to version 3.1.1. I know that v2 is not upgradeable to v3, so I planned to first install the UCS monitoring in our DEV or QA environment. I am attempting to install to the SCOM management servers, but keep running into problems. In our DEV environment, we are continually prompted that the installer must be run as administrator, even though the account being used is a local administrator on the server. I can open the command line as administrator and run msiexec /a "<msi_name>" and it will run, but the install wizard flashes by, never showing a GUI, and only drops the embedded files into the C:\Cisco folder. I am never presented with an actual setup. Even when enabling logging, it shows that the wizard has successfully completed.

When I attempt to install in our QA environment, it appears as if the installation is going to run, but then I am prompted with an error message stating "Exception: the server is not operational. Name: <forestdomain>". I am not sure what it is exactly checking as the name returned is merely the name of our forest domain in AD. If I run via command line, then I get the exact same outcome as I did when running it in our DEV environment - the wizard shows successfully completed with some files in C:\Cisco. It never installs the service or any of the files.

Has anyone else ran into similar issues with the installation?

Thanks!

Larry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lmalthouse
Level 1
Level 1

For anyone else that ever runs into the same issue, the resolution to this particular problem was to add my account directly to the local Administrators group on the management server. It was already a member of a security group that was listed in the Administrators group, but the installer was not able to successfully query group membership to verify that the account had admin rights on the server. Once it was addded directly as a member, the installer worked without issue.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

lmalthouse
Level 1
Level 1

For anyone else that ever runs into the same issue, the resolution to this particular problem was to add my account directly to the local Administrators group on the management server. It was already a member of a security group that was listed in the Administrators group, but the installer was not able to successfully query group membership to verify that the account had admin rights on the server. Once it was addded directly as a member, the installer worked without issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer