cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCVMM add-in refresh

tcerling
Level 4
Level 4

I installed the SCVMM 1.0.2 add in.  When I open SCVMM and select VMs and Services to open the add-in, at the bottom of the add-in window it looks like there is a status update every few seconds.  But, when I open the add-in after selecting Fabric, I don't see any status updates.

Does the add-in operate differently when selecting differently when selected from VMs and Services than when selected from Fabric?  Is the add-in as chatty on the network as it appears to be when viewed from the VMs and Services?  Is there a way to specify how often the add-in checks with UCSM to poll data? 

By default, SCVMM has a 60 minute polling interval in order to limit extraneous network chatter.  SCVMM allows for individual refreshes of hosts and VMs if you want to see results earlier.  It would be nice to be able to have the UCS add-in operate on a 60 minute interval.  I see that I can select individual elements of the UCS add-in and ask for it to be refreshed, but it's the regular refreshing that seems to be quite chatty.

3 Replies 3

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tim,

Yes, default is 5 seconds and we are modifying it in the next release. For now, you can click the 'Settings' button at the bottom right corner of the add-in UI and change the default value.

Thank you!  I never noticed the Settings button way down there.

We received this feedback from other TMEs as well. We are planning to bring the settings into the navigation tree in the next release.

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer