cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCVMM UI Extension

tcerling
Level 4
Level 4

During the installation of the VMM UI extension today, I ran into a couple of things.

First, the .dll files are signed by Cisco, but Cisco is not a default trusted authority.  Therefore, during the installation, a warning pops up.  This is not uncommon with Cisco components.  Do we have a documented way for obtaining a certificate from Cisco?  And, the installation instructions do not say anything about the possibility of this warning appearing, so the uninitiated may take it wrong.

Secondly, upon completion of the installation of the extension, SCVMM reported the result name of the job as "Object Deleted".  I don't know if that is something SCVMM puts out, or if it is a message that we drive from our installation.  Seems like a strange message for a successful installation.  If it is Microsoft, we can report it over there, but I thought I would ask here first.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tim,

The first issue was fixed in v1.0.2 available in Cisco.com for download. Let me know if you are facing this issue in the latest v1.0.2.

We haven't seen the second issue during development or testing.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tim,

The first issue was fixed in v1.0.2 available in Cisco.com for download. Let me know if you are facing this issue in the latest v1.0.2.

We haven't seen the second issue during development or testing.

Okay.  Yes, I had 1.0.1.  1.0.2 fixes the certificate issue.

Interesting to see that the successful uninstall of 1.0.1 results in Object Deleted.  The successful installation of 1.0.2 results in Object Deleted.

Think I'll try posting something in the Microsoft forums to see if it is something they are aware of.

BTW, I am running SC 2012 R2.  Maybe that's something introduced in R2 if you have been working with SP1.

One last note ... When installing this add-in into a VMM HA environment, it should be installed on each node of the cluster.  That is not noted in the documentation.  If installed only on a single node, that will be the only node that will be able to make use of it. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer