Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
joemar
Level 4
Level 4

This UCS PowerShell Script will log into multiple UCS domains and provide you information on the UCS system including the name, site and version and then go through each chassis and tell you what is plugged into each slot and if there is an open slot.  If you provide user labels and descriptions on the chassis' and blades you can get more detailed information.

The purpose of this script is to allow someone with a large deployment to quickly find out where in their data centers they have open slots to add more blades and if the firmware on the UCS will support the new blade.

Change Log:

v0.6 - Initial Posted Version

v0.7 - New look and feel.  Common scripting elements.  Checks that you are running PowerShell v3 or above.

v0.7.01 - Added built in help.  Command line options.  Standard naming convention.

v0.7.02 - Added support for saved credentials file

v0.7.03 - Added support for B200-M4 and B260-M4/B460-M4

v0.8 - Major updates in the logic to identify the slots of a Blade.

Added support for Full Width, Double High blades, for ex. B460.

As always, let me know if you have any questions, problems or suggestions.

Joe

Comments
john.dove@virtustream.com
Community Member

great script! any chance in adding support for double decker blades? B460?

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As per the change log, it supports B460. Are you seeing any issues?

Community Member

hmm... when i search the script I don't see any entry for (B460) UCSB-EX-M4-2. These blades are double decker and while they show up in slot 7 on the report they are actually in 5,6,7,8.

Community Member

i see this line --

elseif (("B440-BASE-M2", "N20-B6620-2", "N20-B6625-2", "N20-B6740-2", "UCSB-B420-M3", "UCSB-EX-M4-1") -icontains $bladeID)

But that only writes to the next two spots 7,8 -- not to 5,6

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John,

We have added the support for B460 blades, please download again and give a try.

We will be waiting for your feedback on this.

Thanks,

Amit Kumar

Larry Hedrick
Level 1
Level 1

Great utility.

I added to it to show if a blade was associated and what the service profile was...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links