Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Management Packs - how are they supported, updated

maureendesena
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a couple of questions on the various UCS Management Packs and specifically the management pack for MS-SCOM.   

How does Cisco license this connector (open source, other)?

Is there any formal support available for the  connector or is it only through the community?

Is there a regular cadence for updates to the management pack or is it on an as needed basis.

Do all management packs follow the same support model as the MS-SCOM pack?

If anyone knows the answers to any of these questions or has a pointer to where I might find them I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you.

Maureen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vijakka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Maureen,

See my comments inline with ">>"

>> We provide these management packs/integrations free of cost to our customers. No licensing required from the integration pack/management pack perspective. Only licenses the customer needs to take care off is from the tool perspective, nothing to worry about from the MP perspective.

Is there any formal support available for the  connector or is it only through the community?

>> Support will be a mix of Cisco TAC and community. MS-SCOM MP, MS-SCO IP and PowerTool (UCS cmdlets for PowerShell) are supported by Cisco TAC (thru UCS entitlement). That said, customers may get quicker resolution as there are lot of contributors familiar with these integrations on communities.cisco.com.

>> Other integrations (SDKs, other tool integrations) are supported through the community. Rule of thumb - downloaded from communities.cisco.com, supported on communities.cisco.com.

Is there a regular cadence for updates to the management pack or is it on an as needed basis.

>> Cadence is dependent on multiple factors - UCS update/refresh cycles, System Center refresh cycles, feature updates/enhancements all impact the release schedule. Over arching cadence is a major update 6 months with a minor/maintenance update in between as required.

>> If the reference here is to our MS SCO, SCVMM or PowerTool integrations, yes the support model is the same. If the question is regarding other integrations, it will be a mix of Cisco TAC and Communities.

>> Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

Rgrds,

Vish

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vijakka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Maureen,

See my comments inline with ">>"

>> We provide these management packs/integrations free of cost to our customers. No licensing required from the integration pack/management pack perspective. Only licenses the customer needs to take care off is from the tool perspective, nothing to worry about from the MP perspective.

>> Support will be a mix of Cisco TAC and community. MS-SCOM MP, MS-SCO IP and PowerTool (UCS cmdlets for PowerShell) are supported by Cisco TAC (thru UCS entitlement). That said, customers may get quicker resolution as there are lot of contributors familiar with these integrations on communities.cisco.com.

>> Other integrations (SDKs, other tool integrations) are supported through the community. Rule of thumb - downloaded from communities.cisco.com, supported on communities.cisco.com.

>> Cadence is dependent on multiple factors - UCS update/refresh cycles, System Center refresh cycles, feature updates/enhancements all impact the release schedule. Over arching cadence is a major update 6 months with a minor/maintenance update in between as required.

>> If the reference here is to our MS SCO, SCVMM or PowerTool integrations, yes the support model is the same. If the question is regarding other integrations, it will be a mix of Cisco TAC and Communities.

>> Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

Rgrds,

Vish

Hi Vish,

Thank you so much for your quick reply - very helpful and thank you for answering all my questions so completely. 

Maureen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer