cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Plugin and server identification

mhc451
Level 1
Level 1

Just installed the 3.0.6 version of the plugin in our test environment.  So far everything looks to be working.  However the ESXi Hosts are located under the "Non ESXi Servers" section, and not the "ESXi Servers" section.  Not a show stopper, but curious as to how UCSM and the plugin determine what goes where.  We have less than 4 bare metal Windows servers in our UCS environment, and it would be nice to have them categorized correctly.  I tried reloading, but no change.  I have also seen in other discussions how UCS is "stateless" and has no idea what the OS is, so I am not sure if there is something I need to do in order to get them to show up correctly or not.

3 Replies 3

pusjain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Perform the below actions:

1. Check if ESXi hosts are added into the vCenter server for which you are looking into the ESXi server section.
  2. If hosts are added into the vCenter then Reload UCSM domain from the plugin and verify again if hosts are getting categorized properly or not.

No change.  All Hosts are still seen as Non-ESXi Servers.  

Thanks to confirm, please contact Cisco TAC and open a new case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer