cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS SCOM MP 2.6.1 not able to install on Windows Server 2012 R2 with System Center 2012 SP1

paul.mancuso
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way around the issue of installing the SCOM MP 2.6.1 version on Windows Server 2012 R2 running System Center Ops Mgr version 2012 SP1 and the .msi installer stating that the OS is NOT one of the following:

- Server 2008 R2

- Server 2012

- Server 2012 SP1

The other UCS plug-ins for VMM and SCO all work fine with Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 SP1 versions. But installing the .MSI file does an OS check and determines that the OS is improper to continue.

Any thoughts?

Paul

10 Replies 10

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Paul:

I'm checking into this.  I will get back to ASAP.

Thanks,

Eric    

vaibjain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

Cisco UCS MP 2.6.1 installer does not support windows server 2012 R2 OS, but it supports SCOM 2012 SP1.

OS supported are:

• Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
  • Windows Server 2012
  • Windows Server 2012 Core

Next release in production will support windows server 2012 R2 OS.I will get back with the release timeline.

Vaibhav

Thank you.

Hi Vaibhav,

Do you have a release timeline?

Regards,

Ciaran.

Hi Joe,

We are working on it. Maintenance release with 2012 R2 support is expected to be available for download by the week of 25th November.

The week of the 25th of November has passed.  Is the download available?  I just looked and did not see anything.

There is a delay of 2 weeks since we want to validate it with the imminent 2.2 release of UCSM. We are confident of posting it to Cisco.com next week.

A message sent out to the ucs-scom mailer from Vish Jakka said the week of December 16th.

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We posted UCSM MP v2.6.2 to Cisco.com today which supports Windows 2012 R2 and SCOM 2012 R2.

Thank you.

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer