cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vRealize Orchestrator UCSC plugin addVnicInterface

Sagar Srinivasa
Level 1
Level 1

I use vRealize Orchestrator to create workflows everyday and was given a task to integrate with UCSC plugin and work on creating VLANs on our B200 M4 blades.

I see that there are only a few sample workflows but I have made my way to figuring out some of the issues I had initially. To add a VLAN there is already a workflow available. But to add that VLAN to vnic templates, I am having issues.

To add VLAN to vnic templates I used to use my Powershell script which is broken down to these steps -

1. Create VLAN in UCSC using “Add-UcsCentralVlan” cmdlet and then “Add-UcsCentralFabricVlanReq”. In vRO the included workflow did this part.
2. Add VLAN to vnic templates by using “Get-UcsCentralVnicTemplate” cmd and pipe “Add-UcsCentralVnicInterface” to it.
3. Add the port group in VMware using PowerCLI.

Step 2 is where I am stuck. When using “System.getModule(“com.cisco.ucs.central.vnic”).addVnicInterface() cmd, I have included these parameters - Ucsc handle, parent Vnic template, defaultnet, vlan name, etc.

Here is my code -

var name = "G-3490-Test";
var sID = name.split("-")[1];
var ID = parseInt(sID, 10);

//Get LanCloud
var UCSC = UcscActionUtils.getAllUcsCentral();
var ep = System.getModule("com.cisco.ucs.central.fabric").getFabricEp(UCSC[0]);
var lanCloud = System.getModule("com.cisco.ucs.central.fabric").getLanCloud(UCSC[0],ep);

//Create VLAN
var vlan = System.getModule("com.cisco.ucs.central.fabric").addVlan(UCSC[0],lanCloud,null,null,ID,null,name,null,null,null,null,null);

//Create VLAN req
var org = System.getModule("com.cisco.ucs.central.org").getOrg(UCSC[0],null,null,null,null,"root",null,null);
var vlanReq = System.getModule("com.cisco.ucs.central.fabric").addFabricVlanReq(UCSC[0],org,name,null,null);

//Create Vnic Interfaces
var vnictemplates = System.getModule("com.cisco.ucs.central.vnic").getVnicTemplate(UCSC[0]);
var vnics = [];
for each (vnictemplate in vnictemplates)
{
if (vnictemplate.name.match("-a") || vnictemplate.name.match("-b"))
vnics.push(vnictemplate);
}
for each (vnic in vnics)
{
System.getModule("com.cisco.ucs.central.vnic").addVnicInterface(UCSC[0],vnic,null,name,false,false);
} 

I get this error -

“InternalError: No Object Added. (Dynamic Script Module name : addVnicInterface#31)”.

What am I doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sagar Srinivasa
Level 1
Level 1

Even though I opened up a case and Cisco replied stating they no longer support it, I got it figured out myself. It seems the second input parameter in addVnicInterface() is expecting an array instead of a variable.

I changed this -

//Add VnicInterface in each VNIC template
for each (vnic in vnics)
{
        System.getModule("com.cisco.ucs.central.vnic").addVnicInterface(Ucsc,vnic,null,name,null,null);
}

to this -

for each (vnic in vnics)
{
	var vnicarray = [];
	vnicarray.push(vnic);
	System.getModule("com.cisco.ucs.central.vnic").addVnicInterface(Ucsc,vnicarray,null,name,null,null);
}

and it now works flawlessly!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Sagar Srinivasa
Level 1
Level 1

Even though I opened up a case and Cisco replied stating they no longer support it, I got it figured out myself. It seems the second input parameter in addVnicInterface() is expecting an array instead of a variable.

I changed this -

for each (vnic in vnics)
{
        System.getModule("com.cisco.ucs.central.vnic").addVnicInterface(Ucsc,vnic,null,name,null,null);
}

to this -

for each (vnic in vnics)
{
	var vnicarray = [];
	vnicarray.push(vnic);
	System.getModule("com.cisco.ucs.central.vnic").addVnicInterface(Ucsc,vnicarray,null,name,null,null);
}

and it now works flawlessly!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer