Views
Helpful
Replies

9300 DNAC Lan Automation failure

HAT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I m trying to onboard a 9300 cisco switch through Lan Automation but getting the following logs errors

PNP device XXXXXXXX  could not be provisioned due to PnP Claim Error: Failed to install image on the device.
Aug 31, 2022 12:28 PM
 Perform write-erase and reload on PNP device XXXXXXXXX after resolving device issue. Please delete this device from PNP page to retry PNP onboarding.

I have reset the switch and tried again but still getting the same error , the switch also appears to be in install mode 

Can anyone help please ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Benjamin-A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi can you provide the following output please?

show bootvar
show install summary
dir | i bin

Furthermore am I right that the IOS-XE Version is different on the current C9300 as the Golden Image within DNAC?
If the images differ and you want a potential fast solution, you might want to update the switch using an USB Stick. And the command "install add file ..." 

Afterwards clean the switch with: pnpa service reset

.:|:..:|:.Please rate helpful posts.:|:..:|:.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Benjamin-A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi can you provide the following output please?

show bootvar
show install summary
dir | i bin

Furthermore am I right that the IOS-XE Version is different on the current C9300 as the Golden Image within DNAC?
If the images differ and you want a potential fast solution, you might want to update the switch using an USB Stick. And the command "install add file ..." 

Afterwards clean the switch with: pnpa service reset

.:|:..:|:.Please rate helpful posts.:|:..:|:.

Hi Benjamin 

Agree , I think I ll go for the manual install via USB .

Thanks