Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9800 DNA Center Integrations Issue

BenLora79498
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a brand new green filed Wireless Deployment using the Cat 9800 and DNA Center. I'm having an issue with integrating the WLC into DNA Center. I can add both controllers with no issues. However when I then try to enable HA between the two WLC's, during the process of creating the HA Cluster the second node looses connectivity and can't no longer be monitored by DNA Center. 

However the WLC HA cluster does appear to be created. I also notice that on the secondary (Standby) controller all of the ports are offline. Obviously this is the reason why DNAC can't contact the node. When I purposely disable all the ports on the active WLC, the standby node brings up all the ports and takes over the running of all services. Still DNA Center is not getting updates from the WLC. As I understand the process, when an HA is created DNA center is then supposed to remove one of the nodes and use a single object representing the cluster. 

Any assistance or insight into this issue will be very much appreciated. Thank you all very much!  

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- This may not be  exactly related to your issue but could be useful to know : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvx17215  and or trying with IOS XE 17.6 and onwards  (?)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank for the info. I don't think it's related as the issue listed is only cosmetic. As it's stands right now, this is way more then cosmetic.  

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, the pair should be represented as a single object in inventory.  Are you still seeing two entries in inventory after creating the pair?   If so, I think you'll need to open a TAC case.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

What version of IOS-XE, what version of DNAC?

Have you checked they're compatible? 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/products-device-support-tables-list.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: