cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change username and password for switch login

Patrick Colbeck
Level 3
Level 3

I have deployed about 40 switches with DNA center using PnP.

Now we want to change the username and password for the CLI. I have tried changing it network settings for a building but it then fails to deploy. Is there a different methodology required to change device credentials?

NCIM11014: Failed to apply credential. Failed count=1

Devices in 1 site(s) are impacted by the CLI credential update.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Patrick Colbeck
Level 3
Level 3

Tried again and this time it fails with the same error number but a different message:

NCIM11014: Failed to apply credential. Reason : Either device credential edited or assigned new device credential at site, this action change all devices credential update status to 'Update Required'. Right now the process that change status is in-progress

Devices in 1 site(s) are impacted by the CLI credential update.

Patrick Colbeck
Level 3
Level 3

And it was me being to keen. Just found this:

Symptom: When a user updates the Global CLI Credentials on Cisco DNA Center's Network Settings page and click "Apply," the task may fail with the error, "NCIM11014: Failed to apply credential. Reason: Either device credential edited or assigned new device credential at site, this action change all devices credential update status to 'Update Required'. Right now the process that change status is in-progress." This is because although the user updated the CLI credentials, Cisco DNA Center still needs to check all devices in the inventory to confirm whether or not the update is required. They need to check the yellow triangle on the CLI Credentials box to confirm all devices have "Update Required". They must wait to click "Apply" until that condition is met.

Conditions: This behavior is seen in Cisco DNA Center 2.3.3.7 when updating the Global CLI Credentials using AAA Credentials. Updating the Global CLI Credentials for AAA Managed Credentials was introduced in Cisco DNA Center 2.3.3.6. This task is expected to fail, for AAA Managed CLI Credentials, prior to 2.3.3.6

Workaround: To workaround this issue the user must wait until all devices show as "Update Required" before applying the CLI Credentials to their devices.

Patrick Colbeck
Level 3
Level 3

Spoke too soon. I waited until the little triangle indicated all 18 devices under that global cert needed updating and it still failed:

NCIM11014: Failed to apply credential. Reason : Either device credential edited or assigned new device credential at site, this action change all devices credential update status to 'Update Required'. Right now the process that change status is in-progress

Devices in 15 site(s) are impacted by the CLI credential update.