cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNA Center

MHYA
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to run DNA center on other than DNA appliance for example on Hyper-V or ESXi.

8 Replies 8

nitekum5
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, DNA center is only available on the DN1-HW-APL (DNA Center appliance) by Cisco.

Why is the DNA center so slow using the following

devnetuser/Cisco123!

it is a turtle gives me great confidence as I move forward to use the product

Rickey369
Level 1
Level 1
No. You have to buy Appliance !!

Yes, You have to buy the DNAC appliance (Product ID -  DN1-HW-APL).

Roy Harrington
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The image for DNA Center is an ISO so you can technically put it on ESXI. The CPU requirements are 22 + cores, however I have yet to try this in the lab.It may or may not work.

Right now DNAC is only officially supported by Cisco when it is running on the Cisco DNA appliance. The only way to get the DNAC ISO access is to purchase the appliance as the software is not publicly available at this time.There for if you have the image you should have the appliance, thus why not use the appliance instead of configuring something that Cisco will not help you with such as running DNAC in a hypervisor.

Hope this answered the question a bit more MHYA.

inderdeeps
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco DNA Center 2.1.2.0 is now available on the public release, Do anyone upgrade the DNAC 2.1.2.0 on production environment

Regards

Inderdeep 

www.thenetworkdna.com

Mohamed Alhenawy
Spotlight
Spotlight

No, It's not possible current to deploy DNAC as virtual , so must be get the DN1-HW, but within near time Cisco will release the virtual.

MartinKajan
Level 1
Level 1

Not currently, but Cisco is already testing a virtual DNAC - for anyone interested in 2022.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: