Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNA Centre

pjdouglas42
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just about to install Cisco DNA centre and I have a question about ip addressing.

Does the cluster link need to be in its own vlan/subnet or can it go in a shared vlan/subnet with other server hosts ?

I have seen an example where the cluster has been assigned a /21 network so i'm assuming the interfaces can go in a vlan with other hosts.

This enterprise link and cluster would be in different subnets to be clear.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Hi

F

You can check here:

"

IP Address Requirements

Before beginning the installation, ensure that your network has sufficient IP addresses available to assign to each of the DNA Center appliance ports you plan on using.

You will need a minimum of four addresses: one for the 10Gb port connecting the appliance to the enterprise network, one for the embedded 1Gb dedicated management port, one for the 10Gb cluster port, and one for the 1Gb dedicated OOB management port. You will need five if you will also use the second embedded 1Gb interface for a static-route connection.

You will also need the following additional IP address and dedicated IP subnets, applied during installation of the first host in the cluster:

• Cluster Virtual IP Address: Identifies the virtual IP address used for all traffic between the cluster and your enterprise network.

• Services Subnet: Identifies a dedicated IP subnet for DNA Center to use in managing its own services. The dedicated IPv4 Services Subnet must not conflict or overlap with any other subnet in use in the enterprise network, including the Cluster Services Subnet. The minimum size of the subnet is 21 bits.

• Cluster Services Subnet: Identifies one dedicated IP subnet for DNA Center to use in managing its clustering services. The dedicated IPv4 Cluster Services subnet must not conflict or overlap with any other subnet in use in the enterprise network, including the dedicated DNA Center Services Subnet. Size recommendation is the same as for the Services Subnet."

https://content.cisco.com/chapter.sjs?uri=/searchable/chapter/content/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-1/install/b_dnac_install_1_1_0P2/b_dnac_install_1_1_0P2_chapter_00.html.xml 

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not entirely sure what could go wrong if you use a shared subnet, but the best practice is to put the cluster ports in their own vlan and subnet.   Of course, if you only have a single appliance, you just need to make sure the cluster interface is up/up.  It won't actually do any communication until you add nodes 2 and 3 to the cluster.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: