cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO Server-Switch-20Webcams RTSP connection

cisconewwin
Level 1
Level 1

I'm creating a Server-WebCam connection to simulate how fast would 30 cameras work in this type of network. At first i'm trying an IP configuration between all the devices.

I'm Connecting each WebCam to one host switch and this switch to the Server0 (1.1.1.1). I have created an account on the server http://1.1.1.1 and here im able to see al the devices. But i don't know why just some cameras have connection to the server. I don't really know how to connect this webcams to the server in a proper way and i dont know if there is any possibility to simulate this network using RTSP or if its automatically defined. 

Thank, Ed. 

2 Replies 2

Hi

Which switch model are you using?  Depeding on the switch and the cameras, it does not support all cameras due PoE exaustion.

About RTSP  it is automatically defined. But you can look at cameras setup and see if they offer something different. But RTSP  is wide adopted by all streaming devices.

Hello Flavio, 

I'm using 2960 - 24TT Switch. I've realised that this Switch is not suporting PoE, maybe that's why its exhausted. I should try changing the Switch and configuring it with one that supports PoE? 

Thank you so much! 

Thank you in advance, 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: