Views
Helpful
Replies

Create a local CLI account as same as maglev privilege

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

hi all,

can i create a local CLI account as same as maglev privilege ? with any name like test but must have same privilege as full admin?

thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

OK @Ahmed Tarek, sorry

As I know, the Maglev privilege in DNA Center is typically reserved for the default admin account and cannot be replicated or assigned to any other account. Then it's not possible to create a local CLI account with the same privileges as a full admin. The privileges and access levels in DNA Center are tied to specific roles, and the admin role is reserved for system administrators with full access and control.

However, DNA Center provides role-based access control (RBAC) capabilities, which allow you to create custom roles and assign specific privileges and permissions to those roles. While you cannot create a local CLI account with the same privileges as a full admin, you can create custom roles that have the necessary privileges to perform specific tasks or access certain features within DNA Center.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Ahmed Tarek,

Configure local account like this:

(config-t)#username test privilege 15 secret PASSWORD

Best regards

Hello M02@rt37 

thanks for your reply,

i mean create local account like maglev in DNA center.

as there is only one account (maglev) i can use in DNAc CLI

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

OK @Ahmed Tarek, sorry

As I know, the Maglev privilege in DNA Center is typically reserved for the default admin account and cannot be replicated or assigned to any other account. Then it's not possible to create a local CLI account with the same privileges as a full admin. The privileges and access levels in DNA Center are tied to specific roles, and the admin role is reserved for system administrators with full access and control.

However, DNA Center provides role-based access control (RBAC) capabilities, which allow you to create custom roles and assign specific privileges and permissions to those roles. While you cannot create a local CLI account with the same privileges as a full admin, you can create custom roles that have the necessary privileges to perform specific tasks or access certain features within DNA Center.

Best regards

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

thanks your help, really appreciated

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco