Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center email integration

KevinR99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've not looked at DNAC for a while but I previously set it up to send email notifications to my customer.  To set this up I went to

System -Settings - External Services - Destinations.

In there I could pick the email tab and it offered me the option to add

SMTP server address

port

Username

Password.

I could then sent a test email.

When I return to this DNAC a while later and I need to change the email settings I can't see anywhere to do so.  In the same area I am not offered the username and password options.  Maybe I need to delete the old email settings and create new ones but there is no option to delete what's already there.  I clear all the fields and try to save but it won't accept that.

The DNAC is now at 2.3.3.6 which is quite a difference from when I installed it.  So where can I add my email server credentials to integrate it with DNAC?

Thanks for any input, Kev.

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Try  navigating to the "Settings" tab within the Cisco DNAC web interface. Under the "Integration" sub-tab,(if available)  you should see an option to configure email settings. This is where you can enter the necessary information, such as the email server address, port, and credentials, to establish a connection between Cisco DNAC and your email server.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

There is a System - Settings - System Configuration - Integration settings area but that doesn't have any email settings in it.  There is no Integration area directly under system - settings.

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is the location of where to configure in 2.3.3.6.  I have also included an older technote of how to setup also.Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 8.34.09 AM.png

Also, A good tip when you cannot find something straight away, use the Global Search Tool. This is actually very helpful in finding things.

Global_Search_01.pngGlobal_Search_02.png

KevinR99
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Tomas

However, as I said in my initial post and you have confirmed in your screenshot there is no option to enter a username and password for the email server in the Destinations area.

Kev.

The email configuration options for username & password were configurable in early releases of the Cisco DNA Center but were not used. As a result, they were removed from the Cisco DNA Center UI.

CSCvy28145 - Remove username/password fields from Email configuration
https://bst.cisco.com/bugsearch
https://bst.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvy28145

Since then, some customers have requested this capability for the SMTP configuration. I believe it is on the roadmmap but I would recommend filling out the "make a wish" feedback from the Cisco DNA Center UI so that the Product Managers get your request.

Really?  The credentials were not used?  I find that hard to understand because as a test/PoC setup I directed our lab DNAC to an external email provider who required authentication.  If the username/password fields were not used I wouldn't have received any emails.  So now I can't do that and I need to "make a wish" for the feature that worked before to be re-instated?

I don't think it's an unusual requirement.  In fact on our ISE I just setup this very feature.

Kev.

Hi Kevin,

Fully agree with you. It's silly for Cisco to remove the the email server authentication feature.

Rgds

Eng Wee