Replies

DNA Center Map / Image / Hierarchy

bturner
Level 1
Level 1

The user Guide for DNA 1.3.1 (current) States the following : 

Spoiler

Guidelines for Image Files to Use in Maps : 

• Use a graphical application that can save the map image files to any of these formats: .jpg, .gif, .png, .dxf, and .dwg.

• Ensure that the dimension of an image is larger than the combined dimension of all the buildings and outside areas that you plan to add to the campus map.

• Map image files can be of any size. Cisco DNA Center imports the original image to its database at a full definition, but during display, it automatically resizes them to fit the workspace.

• Obtain the horizontal and vertical dimensions of the site in feet or meters before importing. This helps you to specify these dimensions during map import.

I'm confused.  The map being pulled by DNAC is mostly a blank, as the size of our campus is very large, and all private land where Google and other companies are unable to map it.  I would like to create an overlay image like the one described in the documentation that includes all the campus and external areas etc.  However there are no instructions on how to place this map on in the hierarchy.  

The only way I can see to do this would be to add a Floor Plan, as the document linked above only shows adding images via floor plans.  What if your campus is actually a campus and has 20-30 buildings with multiple floors.  Can you add Areas underneath a Floor?

Are we supposed to add 1 floor for the campus and then add buildings and floors and areas under that?

Brian S. Turner
CCIE 6145
1 Reply 1

gayviswa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently, there isn't a provision to import campus/ area maps. Instead, you can define areas, subsequently add nested areas and add buildings under the area by providing the lat and long. DNA Center aligns the buildings under the parent area and positions them on the geo-map.

Alternately, you can import the areas in using a CSV template.