cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dna Center Supported Device levels

DAVID
Level 3
Level 3

How strict is DNAC with respect to exceeding the number of sites/groups and devices? I have a 44core Gen2 DNAC applicance and would like to migrate from my Prime Infrastructure 3.10 but I have more maps and devices in PI than the recommended number that DNAC says. What happens if I exceed the recommended numbers of maps/groups and devices? I'm sure DNAC will not stop working but I'd like to know what, if any impact there is.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- 

- Exceeding the recommended number of maps, groups, and devices in Cisco DNA Center (DNAC) can potentially impact the performance of the system. As your DNAC appliance is a 44-core Gen2 device, it should be able to handle a larger number of maps, groups, and devices than the recommended numbers. However, the actual impact on performance will depend on a variety of factors, such as the type of devices being managed and the amount of data being collected and processed by DNAC.

It is recommended to monitor your DNAC's performance closely and adjust the number of maps, groups, and devices as necessary to ensure optimal performance. If you experience any issues with performance or stability, you may need to reduce the number of maps, groups, and devices being managed by DNAC.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

If I migrate everything over from PI, it will be approx. 550 site maps/groups and almost 3000 devices. That would include every AP, router and switch just in our retail locations. 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depending on what Model of DNAC appliance you have, and what kind of DNAC deployment you have here, is this standalone or cluster ?

i would suggest planning properly and looking at a long-term plan to support, any way DNAC is just an orchestration tool and does not impact any services here. when you reach the maximum you can upgrade to the next model or add a new cluster.

When cisco posts the test results that are maximum supported this was based on the testing, sometimes you may be achieved more depending on the features you use so. there is no such thumb rule nor I have noticed anyone reporting overloaded.

if you upgrading PI to DNAC - are you looking to move only MAPS ? is PI also manages devices?

Can you give the numbers you have roughly? 

have you checked the compare : (Appliance scale)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/nb-06-dna-center-data-sheet-cte-en.html#SDAccessplatformscale

use case-based PI to DNAC (reference )

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-mobility-blogs/use-case-based-comparison-of-prime-infrastructure-and-dna-center/ba-p/4561823

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help