cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center - Where do I configure the Netconf port "credentials"

pinglis
Level 7
Level 7

I have two DNA Cetners and on one when I create a discovery I have the option to select the Netconf port but on the other is says "No credentials to display".

Even on the one where it is there I cannot find where I configured it.

Anyone know where I can configure it?

Both running 2.2.3.4

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sylvain_Che
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @pinglis 

You can add the NETCONF credentials directly from the Discovery page. There is a button to do so, and then a pop-up will appear and you'll be able to configure the NETCONF parameters.

DNAC-Discovery-Add NETCONF credentials.png

Regards,

Sylvain.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Sylvain_Che
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @pinglis 

You can add the NETCONF credentials directly from the Discovery page. There is a button to do so, and then a pop-up will appear and you'll be able to configure the NETCONF parameters.

DNAC-Discovery-Add NETCONF credentials.png

Regards,

Sylvain.

Many thanks!

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DNAC will use the same CLI credentials it uses to discovery the device in order to SSH on the netconf port (830 by default) to the device for validation.

The netconf port to use is not defined by the default and you need to define it before you can enable netconf in a discovery.

Sylvain_Che answered the question of where to configure it.

That's correct. However, it is defined & configured as port 830 by default on the network device side.

DNAC Suggestion:  would be cool just to configure this under Design > Network Settings > Device Credentials. 

we will have to most likely enable netconf soon to do wireless at our FIAB sites since it appears at these sites we have to enable the wireless controller on the 9300 series switches we have at those sites.

-Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: