Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA cluster port config

EddyFonseca3815
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

I would like to setup a stand alone DNA center running 2.2.2.4 IOS software at two of my Data center .  I will install one DNA Center (Type 112) devices at each site and a witness server to complete the requirements for a DR config.  Per the documents I need to understand the cluster port config.  In the documents it states we can use the pre-define  169.254.x.x network on a Layer 2 switch but then if I wanted to make use of the DR option I need to provide this IP to the DR config so It can send this data out of the enterprise port. 

I would like to know what is the best way to do this .  I have separate vlans that I can select one IP address for each of the ports ( Mgmt/GUI, IMC, Enterprise and cluster) but there is a note that states the Cluster ports has to be Isolated which puts another spin on this config. 

I would like to know how I should configure the Cluster port.  should I leave it as a layer 2 with no gateway IP address and use the perconfigure IP address or add it to one of my exiting /24 network that will be pingable from the other data center. 

In the DR document it tells me to select No for the Ibgp or BGP configuration since this a new install but then It wants me to Ping and reach the enterprise IP,  witness IP and Cluster IP from the primary DNA center. 

I need to get a clear path how I need to configure the Cluster port for a single device at each site running in a DR config.

If you can assist let me know.

thank you

Eddy

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-2-3/admin_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_admin_guide_2_2_3/b_cisco_dna_center_admin_guide_2_2_3_chapter_0111.html#id_123477

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello All

It seems I selected the wrong group since I have not been able to get any information to my questions.  I will close this post out and have a good day.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can not install 3 node cluster in different DC(i mean each DNAC appliance), EAch 3 node cluster need to be in one one campus only. but you can use 3 different 3 node clusters in different DC.

or you deployment have 2 seperate  3 node cluster in in each DC ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello all

I installed the DNA center with a Moc env in my Lab.  I have one port GUI/Mgmt port that has Internet access but the other ports are going into a close network.  I would like to add the DNS into the device but when I enter via "sudo maglev-config update" or the Gui interface It does not update or install the DNS into "/etc/resolve.conf"  I would like to know if there is another way to enter this data into the DNA center so It will resolve IP to Names and allow me to access the internet and get the updates needed to complete this install. 

If you have real data to share that will help.

Thank you

Hello All

It seems I selected the wrong group since I have not been able to get any information to my questions.  I will close this post out and have a good day.

Hi

DNAC Cluster requires for the following addressing:

IP Address - Enterprise Port -  Which needs gateway as it will be acessing from your internal network. Requires VIP;

IP Address - CIMC - Does not requires a gateway but by do not configuring a gateway you´ll not have remote access

IP Address - Cluster Port -  Requires a gateway. . Requires VIP.

IP Address - Management Port (GUI)/(CLI) - Does require a Gateway and is used to manage the DNAC. Requires VIP.

Services Subnet - (must be /20 or /21)  You need to have IP address on nodes but does not require a gateway, it is basically a vlan between nodes.

Cluster Services Subnet - (must be /20 or /21) You need to have IP address on nodes but does not require a gateway, it is basically a vlan between nodes.

NOTE this is a DR configuration

Thank you for the break down of the Ports.   I will have one device as a stand alone unit at each of my two data centers with a 1 + 1 + 1 DR configuration.  Per your statement below “ IP Address - Cluster Port -  Requires a gateway. . Requires VIP.”  Can I select an IP from an existing vlan and I will be ok?  Since the documents state this port and network should be isolated, on its own network?  I want to make sure under IOS version 2.2.2.4 DR configuration this is not the case.  For example if I select 10.10.10.25/24 for the cluster ip address and this IP also belongs/exist on the same network of to my Oracle server , windows server  and linux server, will I be ok and not cause any performance issues.

This port has been my issue since it states "this has to be in an isolated Network" and I do not have a free IP network for this one effort. I would like to use an existing IP / vlan for this port IP without causing issue to the appliance or performance.

Let me know if I am correct to use or not.

Thank you

as long as the consistency maintaining and less than expected latency they described you are ok.

1+1+1 (witness node should be out of DC network)

BB

EddyFonseca3815
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

I am re-imaging the device with IOS DNAC-SW-2.2.3.4 since I do not know how to tell which version of the software is installed without configuring the device and getting it on the network so I just opted to re-image it with the latest IOS but I would like to know how long does this take? It seems to have taken about 3 to 4 hours to re-image the device

I follow the steps in the document for re-image the 112 device and it seems to update the server but It got stuck at the loging prompt.  I rebooted the server and it installed the Post-install script which took about 1 or 2 hours to install. I looked at another document to re-image and it stated I needed to re-init the drives. I did not do that since this is a new device ( green field).  I would like to know if this is needed to get a solid install on this new device. 

The other issue I notice in the document with configure Nic Teaming the PCIe12 does not show speed in IMC Home> Compute. The BIOS > Configure BIOS > I/O but I only see the optionRom option to enable. ref to image uploaded. I ran thru the BIOS option to enable the PCIe12 port but it was enable already and the speed was set to auto . I just left it alone and continued with the re-image.

let me know if there is a easy way to re-image this hardware.

Thank you

Hello and thank you for the link. 

My device is DN2-HW-APL-XL which I re-imaged yesterday. 

Once I started the configuration I selected to create the node.  NOT the add to existing cluster option. which presented me with the  second page or menu that asked me to select "Start using DNAC pre manufactured cluster: " or Advance configuration option. Per the bottom notes the advance is for IPv6 configuration.  I did not see this option on the older IOS , Gen 1 lab install.   

I would like to know if I am going to configure this device as a DR (1+1+1) configuration which option on the new Image should I select "Start using DNAC pre manufactured cluster: " which seems to provide me with the following IP for the cluster port

Intracluster interface IP address: 169.254.6.66

Intracluster interface subnet mask: 255.255.255.128

Container subnet: 169.254.32.0/20

Cluster subnet: 169.254.48.0/20

IPv4 addressing

If I select the Advance  option , per the noted below this is for setting up the IPV6 config but I would assume it will ask me to enter the cluster and other ports IP.   I do not know much about these options since they are new. 

if someone can give me detail information on either that will help me walk thru this install process or what is the best config for  a  DR (1+1+1) install.

thank you

checking  this guide - you are right there is no straight forward steps : which give us ability to install

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-2-3/admin_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_admin_guide_2_2_3/b_cisco_dna_center_admin_guide_2_2_3_chapter_0111.html#concept_uv4_fjh_5jb

If i were you i open a TAC case sure they need to answer, if they have success stories.

BB

Hello all

I was looking at the doc provided and its seems we are back to square 1 with the cluster ports. Per Flavio Miranda we need to set up the Gateway for the cluster port but if we run the web install it wants to select the advance option and in the cluster install it populated the port with the 169.254.6.66 and no gateway. I ask again how do we need to set up the switch port for the cluster interface if we are not going to have it configure as a cluster but a stand alone in a DR configuration. If I change this IP to my own ip without a gateway will it work since all the documents all have this port in the Automatic Private IP Addressing range. If someone can explain this to me I would love it.

Thank you

Hello all

It seems when we configure DNA there can only be one Default Gateway per the device.  I was entering Gateway for the Enterprise and the cluster then I get the error which stated there can only be one gateway per device.  I