cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA image update and insert boot command without activation

dijix1990
VIP
VIP

Can dna insert boot command without activation as cisco prime?

BOOT path-list : flash:c2960-lanbasek9-mz.152-7.E5.bin;flash:c2960-lanbasek9-mz.152-7.E1.bin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dijix1990
VIP
VIP

Dna can't change boot variable in advance 

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Hi

Dont think so. The upgrade process through the DNAC is a bit different.

"During the SWIM upgrade of the network switch, DNAC does not modify the boot variable like the packages.conf filename or its location in bootflash. It takes the original file and modify the contents only to complete the upgrade after the device reboot."

But, it allows you to schedule the upgrade, in case just want to distribute the IOS and upgrae later.

FlavioMiranda_0-1686483230371.png

Strange and unusable, a lot of situations we need prepare device to upgrade after reboot, and dna very useless for it. For example we did some operations with electricity and I needed to upgrade about 500 devices before disable electricity that situation cisco prime helped me

dijix1990
VIP
VIP

Dna can't change boot variable in advance 

And you accepted your own solution by say

"Dna can't change boot variable in advance"?

Hilarious

Yes, because it's true and can help somebody

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can push any configs you want with day-N templates, including boot statement.  

Yes, but I wanted to know about direct way, and it for install mode isn't convenient 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

IF the routers, switches and WLC are already in Install Mode the boot statement should be pointing to the "packages.conf" file.  

If the upgrade is also going to be in Install Mode, then there is no need to change the boot variable statement ... Unless DNAC hit the bug where the stack will refuse to rename the conf file to "packages.conf".  

I have latest version, and when I activate my devices after deploying it works without problem and with using schedule too, but it doesn't have option as Cisco prime - activate but don't reload (for updating after electricity is left for example) 

oron.yaniv
Level 1
Level 1

at prime infrastructure there was an option to distribute without activation, it was different tasks.

at DNA, you can skip the activation.
i did not try it yet.

hope someone at Cisco will think to make those tasks separate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: