cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA network config question

pmccleese
Level 1
Level 1

After several hours I keep coming back to the same issue. Assigning an IP to Fiber port (enp9s0) with10.10.10.1 / 24 - GW: 10.10.10.220 (HSRP address on cores for vlan 10), and DNS IP.  I use this vlan for management of Cisco network devices and it has access (is routed) to all other vlan's on our network.  I setup the fiber port on a Cisco3850 as so:   mode access,  access vlan 10  -- - but still can not ping that IP and its getting errors about not being able to ping 10.10.10.220 or the DNS server IP I gave it. Both of which are accessible from any vlan.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello! pmccleese 

I had that exactly same problem, the solution was to put the switch port in mode trunk. And also you have to enter in the CIMC port and change the interface to Trunk and configuring the vlan 10 in the server interface, if you have doubts please read the next document: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-2/install/b_dnac_install_1_2/b_dnac_install_1_2_chapter_01.html

Please do not forget to rate useful post.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

A few thoughts:

-TAC can definitely help you here, please feel free to raise a case. Go to cisco.com/go/tac and then choose to open a new case

-There is an installation guide, might be worth a read if you haven't seen it, the 10GE port on the DNAC can be configured to be a trunk port, best to check:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-2/install/b_dnac_install_1_2/b_dnac_install_1_2_chapter_01.html#task_t2b_5pc_xdb

-When DNAC installation wizard tries and fails to ping your default gateway, try to ping from a device on same VLAN to DNAC 10.10.10.1

Cheers!

Jerome

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello! pmccleese 

I had that exactly same problem, the solution was to put the switch port in mode trunk. And also you have to enter in the CIMC port and change the interface to Trunk and configuring the vlan 10 in the server interface, if you have doubts please read the next document: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-2/install/b_dnac_install_1_2/b_dnac_install_1_2_chapter_01.html

Please do not forget to rate useful post.

Best Regards,

Thank you. That was part of the solution. The other part was I had to have the correct DNS IP in the interface to make it accessible to the internet (it does some sort of check after you configure as it reaches out to a host and if it can't reach that public host, it fails.    Even though I had the DNS settings on another interface - this needed repeated on the fiber interface as well.  Thanks Diana!

Hello Diana,
Do you mean VLAN mode on DNA center??