cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC and Cisco C1111X-8P Unsupported Device

buhawi
Level 1
Level 1

Any workaround for DNAC and Cisco ISR C1111X-8P, Inventory of devices shows this is an unsupported device even with the latest 2.2.2.3.

13 Replies 13

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Some time data maybe not update, so check with cisco Partner before making alternative methods.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

buhawi
Level 1
Level 1

I checked the matrix before posting the question and it does not show c1111x-8p, any alternate way to get it to work if anyone can comment, not sure why this isr is not supported. 

As suggested some time cisco missed to update the matrix since these devices are new one should support personally i think.

check below : ( also check with SE and Partner confirm before you buying)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/software/one-wan-subscription/guide-c07-740642.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@buhawi : This is c1111x-8p supported by default, @balaji.bandi said correctly, it is missed somehow. Go ahead

Gert.Thoett
Level 1
Level 1

I just patch DNA-C for Log4Shell but still no support for C1111X-8P

Last update for TAC:

I am looking at the case notes and I understand that you are unable to add the C1111-X-8P router to the DNAC since it says it’s not supported. I have checked internally and confirmed that this model of router is not currently supported in any DNAC version. According to some internal communication, Developers are planning to include this support in a future release, however it hasn’t been confirmed yet in which or an estimated date for it.

Gert.Thoett
Level 1
Level 1

what is status on this ?

we are running Version 2.2.3.6

Since you are asking for information internal to Cisco, you are better off getting this information from TAC. 

buhawi
Level 1
Level 1

We are now at 2.3.3.5 and still showing Unsupported Cisco Device, we are still managing our ISRs through Cisco Prime as we have no choice, not sure if cisco will ever fix this.

jaconich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @buhawi ,

What is the IOS version running on your C1111X-8P?
Additionally, is this the full part number? According to the Cisco DNA Center Compatibility Matrix there are C1111's that are supported, so we would need to verify that 1. the device model is on the matrix, 2. the IOS is on a supported version, and 3. that there are Cisco DNA Center Advantage licenses on the device.

We recommend comparing these items with the compatibility matrix linked below.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/Website/enterprise/dnac_compatibility_matrix/index.html

buhawi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @jaconich C1111X-8P running on 17.3.5. I still don't see the C1111X-8P in matrix with our current DNA-C version.

Hi @buhawi,

I have been able to confirm that C1111X-8P with IOS version 17.9.1 will be compatible with Cisco DNA Center Starting in version 2.3.4.0. While we do not have a release available for this version, it is showing up on the compatibility matrix for Cisco DNA Center version 2.3.4.0. Sadly it does not appear that IOS versions prior to 17.9.1 will be compatible.

buhawi
Level 1
Level 1

FYI. I'm now on DNAC 2.3.5.3 and supports C1111X-8P with IOS version 17.3.5.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: