cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC Assurance Backups

TheRivanKing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Can anyone advise on whether or not an Azure Blob can be used for storing just the Assurance backups from DNAC? We are considering all our options for a backup server and from a financial point of view backing up just the Assurance data to the cloud seems like a good idea but I'm unsure on whether or not it's technically possible even though Azure supports NFS version 4.0. Would also be interested to hear how others are backing up their Assurance data.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nikolas Lymperis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @TheRivanKing,

According to the official Administration guide for backup and restore, there are some server requirements that you can find here.

Please search for the equivalent guide according to your DNAC version to ensure that there are no extra prerequisites.

From a technical perspective, if the requirements are met, there should be no issue using Azure Blob.

My suggestion is to use an Azure Blob demo version and try to integrate so as to be sure that it's feasible.

If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Cisco DNA Center through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out Cisco DNA Center ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-knowledge-base/cisco-dna-center-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4394489] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.

Best Regards,

Nikolas

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Nikolas Lymperis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @TheRivanKing,

According to the official Administration guide for backup and restore, there are some server requirements that you can find here.

Please search for the equivalent guide according to your DNAC version to ensure that there are no extra prerequisites.

From a technical perspective, if the requirements are met, there should be no issue using Azure Blob.

My suggestion is to use an Azure Blob demo version and try to integrate so as to be sure that it's feasible.

If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Cisco DNA Center through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out Cisco DNA Center ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-knowledge-base/cisco-dna-center-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4394489] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.

Best Regards,

Nikolas

Obaid0310
Level 1
Level 1

I ended up with same problem. Later, able to fix this by making few changes to Target File System.

Cisco DNAC Backup Setup - Cisco Community