cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC Assurance lost WLC and Access Point

mmimmi2010
Level 1
Level 1

Running WLC 9800-40 with 500 x C9130AXI-E access point. Inventory and compiance status of the WLC is REACHABLE, MANAGED and COMPLIANT. On the Assurance status no WLC and access ponit any more (this issue happend after update to version System 1.5.255 of DNAC).

DNAC is having lots of problem, always running into issue after upgrading the appliances.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

System version 1.5.255 is DNA-C 2.1.2.5.

Edit: I'm not sure who marked this is the solution, but this was more for Balaji.Bandi who said that version of DNA did not exist.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
 (this issue happend after update to version System 1.5.255 of DNAC).

we do not see this version

DNAC is available 1.3 or 2.X

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The is for sure an issue there, allways having issues after ugrading the appliance

DNAC for us still usable only as experimental solution, in production it's a nightmare...sorry to say that

System version 1.5.255 is DNA-C 2.1.2.5.

Edit: I'm not sure who marked this is the solution, but this was more for Balaji.Bandi who said that version of DNA did not exist.

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue.... DNAC is as unstable as Prime...

Any solution to the lost health status? Anyone?

Best regards.

Often the issue is related to certificates.  You can push new ones using the "Update Telemetry Settings" Action in Inventory.  Be sure to select the "Force Configuration Push" Checkbox.  

If the telemetry connection is down, "show telemetry internal connection" will show a status of "Connecting".  It might take 5 minutes for it to change to "Active" once the certificate is updated.

If that doesn't fix the problem, please open a TAC Case for further investigation.

Please also make sure your 9800's are upgraded to fix CSCvy30606 so that the certificates can correctly renew themselves after 1 year.  

Hi Preston,

many thanks for you input.

Unfortunately the update of the telemetry settings didn't resolve the problem.

And things look good at the wireless controller:

WLC0101#show telemetry internal connection
Telemetry connections

Index Peer Address Port VRF Source Address State
----- -------------------------- ----- --- -------------------------- ----------
56 172.16.200.10 25103 1 172.16.191.21 Active

WLC0101#show version
Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 17.03.03

@MichlIt was worth a shot.   Please open a TAC case for more thorough troubleshooting.

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use Grafana to monitor the IOSXE-db collector from the System 360 DNAC page. You'll be able to see whether we are receiving telemetry data from the 9800 on the IOSXE-DB collector used by DNA Center for 9800 wireless telemetry. 

Hi,

I checked Grafana and I think DNAC receives telemetry data from WLC:

garfana.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: