cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC Assurance reports devices as unreachable

Wes Schochet
Level 3
Level 3

I am new to DNAC and looking for some advice. 

Assurance is reporting many P1 issues where my access switches (non-fabric) "is unreachable from Cisco DNA Center".  These devices are online and running - I can ping them from DNA center and no other monitoring system or logs show any problems.    Looking at individual devices in Assurance, there are DEVICE_AVAILABILITY:UNREACHABLE messages every minute or so. 

This is happening on many devices.  Do i just ignore these issues or is there a way to help DNAC see them more reliably?  Opinions on the best way to proceed please...

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The first thing that I would do is to pick one device that is experiencing this issue.

• Go to the Device Inventory and look at the current "Reachability" & "Manageability" Status.
  • If "Device Unreachable", you can click on the error and it will show you things to look at. This is typically an SNMP issue or one of the Credential issues
  • To verify IP connectivity with CLI credentials, click on the Device itself. In the Device page, Click on the "Run Commands".
  • In the Command Runner Window, type "show version". If the command does not run and you get a connection error, then that is either an IP connectivity or CLI credential issue.
  • Then next thing to do would to re-run the Discovery Task for the problem device and verify the status changes in inventory.

Device-Unreachable_01.png

Device-Unreachable_02.png

Device-Unreachable_03.png

Device-Unreachable_04..png

  

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The first thing that I would do is to pick one device that is experiencing this issue.

• Go to the Device Inventory and look at the current "Reachability" & "Manageability" Status.
  • If "Device Unreachable", you can click on the error and it will show you things to look at. This is typically an SNMP issue or one of the Credential issues
  • To verify IP connectivity with CLI credentials, click on the Device itself. In the Device page, Click on the "Run Commands".
  • In the Command Runner Window, type "show version". If the command does not run and you get a connection error, then that is either an IP connectivity or CLI credential issue.
  • Then next thing to do would to re-run the Discovery Task for the problem device and verify the status changes in inventory.

Device-Unreachable_01.png

Device-Unreachable_02.png

Device-Unreachable_03.png

Device-Unreachable_04..png

  

Wes Schochet
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks.  I ran a full discovery again.  At first, nothing seemed to change.  I came back about an hour later and 80 of my 85 unreachable devices have resolved.