Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC Cat9800 Application Visibility

KevinR99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to get application visibility information in DNAC from a Cat9800 WLC.

The 9800 was already installed and configured and we then installed DNAC.  So I’d like to discover the 9800 in DNAC and collect AVC info.

I have AVC enabled on the 9800 and can see information locally on the WLC but nothing on the DNAC.  I have netflow config on the 9800 pointing to DNAC on udp 6007.  When I look on DNAC it says my WLC is not CBAC ready and I need to provision an SSID but I only want to use assurance and not provision or manage the WLC from DNAC.

Any assistance would be very welcome.

Kevin.

3 Replies 3

Atul Patil
Level 1
Level 1

Manual configuration of Netflow is not required.

Click the Menu > Design > Network Settings > Telemetry.

Check the Cisco DNA Center as SNMP trap server check box.

Check the Use Cisco DNA Center as syslog server check box.

Check the Use Cisco DNA Center as NetFlow collector server check box.

Click Save.

From 9800 WLC-

WLAN profile name is tagged with the keyword 'lan'.

Save the configuration

From DNA Center-

Menu>Provision > Inventory.

Choose the WLC

Action>Inventory>Resynch Device

After successful resynch

Choose WLC

Action>Telemetry

Enable Application Telemetry.

Click Apply.

Cisco DNA Center will immediately configure the devices to send Cisco DNA Application Assurance data to Cisco DNA Center.

Thank you Atul.

I am now seeing information coming in to DNAC.  Not sure what the difference is because the settings it applied to the WLC are the same as ones I tried to apply manually.

However, even though I see application data when I go to 

DNAC - Provision - Services - Service catalogue - Application visibility

I see both my WLCs listed and in Devices by Active Recognition Method as CBAR method.   In the CBAR Readiness area I see both WLCs as “Not ready” for CBAR and a warning triangle suggests I need to provision at least 1 non-fabric ssid.

Should I expect to be able to use CBAR.  The WLCs are 9800s running 17.5.1

Thanks, Kev.

I found this URL and it got my application visibility working perfectly.  I see all sorts of stats as well as packet loss, jitter, delay etc now.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-blogs/visualize-application-experience-from-catalyst-9800-wlc-in-cisco/ba-p/4305884

However, I'm still scratching my head with CBAR where it says my devices are not ready and I need to provision at least 1 non-fabric SSID.  I really don't want to use DNAC to provision my SSIDs.  There must be a way similar to the URL above where we can configure this manually.

Thanks, Kev.