Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC claiming AP C9136I-B failing

densto
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are running DNAC 2.2.3.4.  We purchased couple new Catalyst 9136I-B aps and I am trying to use plug and play to set them up same way I did AP4800 but its failing. Its failing at "Loading Day-0 configuration preview for Devices.."  NCOB02082: Async task timed out"

This AP uses 6Gh radio and there is no option for 6Gh in RF profile.

Based in Data sheet 9136 is compatible with DNA.  But I do not see this device in DNAC compatibility Matrix.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/Website/enterprise/dnac_compatibility_matrix/index.html

Any recommendations on how can I add this AP to DNAC would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Denis

6 Replies 6

Hi

Is it standalone(Mobility Express) AP or WLC ?

I will check.  I had one ap 4800 that was mobility express it would not even come up in DNAC PNP.

Just to check, how to you inform DNAC ip address to device? It is on the PNP dns resolution?   Or are they on the same network?  4800 should be supported.

I never had to add standalone AP on DNAC, only using WLC.

DHCP is configured with option43 that ponts to DNAC cluster VIP.

densto
Level 1
Level 1

I think we found the issue.  2.2.3.4 does nto support WIFI6e APS because RF profile does not have an option for 6GHz radio,  Will have to upgrade to 2.3.3.x release.  2.3.3.x support 6GHz radios. Release Notes for Cisco DNA Center, Release 2.3.3.x - Cisco

I will post update once we upgrade DNAC.

@densto Is there any update since upgrading?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: