Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC Device Unreachable Status

mayer-felix
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I am new to DNAC and looking for some advice...

I am going to change some APs and therefore I want to use the "Access Point Refresh" Workflow. I will provide the Serial Number of the new APs against each old AP. But there is one problem.

It takes some time until the AP is marked unreachable in DNAC. Unfortunately, there will be an error if I connect the new AP and the old one is not unreachable yet. Is there any workaround or do I have no other chance than to wait some amount of time before plugging in the new AP?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

1 Reply 1

pieterh
VIP
VIP

>>> Unfortunately, there will be an error if I connect the new AP and the old one is not unreachable yet <<<

DNA retrieves both information from the Wireless controller,
so if the old AP is physically replaced by the new, 
the problem you expect will never happen.

if you expected you can assign a new access point "in advance" before disconnecting the old, that is not possible

below an extract from: Cisco DNA Center User Guide, Release 2.2.2 - Build and Deploy Workflows [Cisco DNA Center] - Cisco

Before you begin

• The old AP must be provisioned and in Unreachable state.

• The new AP must be connected to a Cisco Wireless Controller and available in the Cisco DNA Center Inventory, in Reachable state.

• The old and new AP must be associated with the same wireless controller

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: