Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC how to not apply some templates

Patrick Colbeck
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

So you can only have one network profile per building but how do I then only apply templates to a subgroup of devices?

Say I have 50 9300 switches all physically the same model and IOS-XE version and I have templates A,B,C,D.

Some of the switches need template A + B some A + C and some C + D.

Is there a method to do this as on the surface it look like all templates assigned to a network profile will get applied to all devices of the same model.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can tag the devices in Inventory and then specify those same tags in the Properties of the template.  Then when it comes time to Provision, only the tagged templates will get applied to tagged devices.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can tag the devices in Inventory and then specify those same tags in the Properties of the template.  Then when it comes time to Provision, only the tagged templates will get applied to tagged devices.

Patrick Colbeck
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks Preston

I had a feeling tags might do something. The documentation is rubbish here. Tags are mainly referred to as a method of sorting things rather than as a way of linking thing. I'll give this a go with my test switch.

Patrick Colbeck
Level 3
Level 3

Worked really well. Thanks Preston.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: