Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC install remove inactive

Murad211
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

Any one has a solution Pre/Post during switches Upgrade to clean up unnecessary package to free the space in flash memory. this is require to clean flash space in most 9k IOS-XE duo to the flash limitation. currently i do this step manually because no default action for this command. I have to press y in the right time, otherwise didn't take affect. Also if you manage large number of switches this is painful process (Not Automation task at all).

If anyone have a solution please share.

Thx

5 Replies 5

Hi

Actually if you intend to perform the upgrade using DNAC then you must not worry about this. DNAC has a feature called "Flash check"

"As a part of the auto flash cleanup, Cisco DNA Center identifies unused .bin, .pkg, and .conf files and delete them iteratively until enough free space is created on the device. Image distribution is attempted after the flash cleanup. You can view these deleted files in Sytem > Audit Logs."

Flavio,

Thanks for the reply. looks like the flash check didn't perform the clean-up. looks like bug unaddressed.

TAC working to resolve the issue.

Thx

Mero1
Level 1
Level 1

Attached the error. I will post the resolution after TAC back with solution for this issue.

HTH

Was this ever solved? I also seem to hit this issue now on DNAC 2.3.3.6.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
install remove inactive

Do not think of this command or step as a "hassle".  Instead, think of it as an "insurance policy".

When a decision has been decided to fall back to previous version, anyone would want this to be done as quick as possible.  Because all the PKG files and packages.conf files of the previous version is still present in the flash, the rollback can be done quickly.

If all the PKG and packages.conf of the previous version has been deleted, then it will take a considerable time to push the firmware and, usually, time is not a luxury anyone have.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco