Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC: Signing a certificaate with internal CA

pennyyeung
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

I'm going to replace the default certificate.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/hardening_guide/b_dnac_security_best_practices_guide.html

My DNAC version is 2.2.2.9. I followed DNAC security best practices and can't find the field to input and change my current empte field - cluster_hostname. Anyone know how to update my field cluster_hostname before I can proceed to generate a new certificate?

Input
$ maglev cluster network display
Output
cluster_network:
	cluster_dns: 169.254.20.10
	cluster_hostname: 

If the cluster_hostname output field is empty or is not what you want, add or change the Cisco DNA Center hostname (FQDN) by entering the sudo maglev-config update command, as shown in the following example. You must have root privileges to run this command.

Input
$ sudo maglev-config update
Output
Maglev config wizard GUI

Click Next until you see the step I can't the title MAGLEV CLUSTER DETAILS containing the input prompt Cluster's hostname. 

Also, I typed $etcdctl get /maglev/config/cluster/cluster_network
{"cluster_vip": ["172.16.255.180", "172.16.240.1", "172.16.1.195"], "cluster_subnet": "169.254.48.0/20", "cluster_dns": "169.254.20.10", "cluster_hostname": "", "container_subnet": "169.254.32.0/20"}

cluster_hostname: "" <== empty 

1 Reply 1

pennyyeung
Beginner
Beginner

Hello,

May I know how to update cluster name?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/hardening_guide/b_dnac_security_best_practices_guide.html

There is no step "titled MAGLEV CLUSTER DETAILS containing the input prompt Cluster's hostname" after "sudo maglev-config update"

Anyone know the reason why or changed other way to update cluster name in 2.2.2.9?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers