cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ekahau project import fails into DNA Center

Mikko Nieminen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I'm trying to import a site survey project made with Ekahau (version 10.4) into DNAC (2.2.3.3). Import fails with: "Unable to import archive since it has either no buildings/floors or no Cisco devices."

I'we tried import with Building & Floors defined in Ekahau, just Floors defined in Ekahau etc. Survey has Cisco AP's in it. Also floor & building names matches between Ekahau & DNAC.  Anyone else having this problem?

With regards

Mikko

8 Replies 8

Gert.Thoett
Level 1
Level 1

Capture.PNG

inderdeepsingh1
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone confirm on this issue, I have an issue with DNA Center 2.2.3.4 and Ekahau version 10.3.0 ?

Ekahau version 10.3 is not supported. Try version 10.2. 

@usaf_27 : Can you share any document which shows it is not supported ?

Under “Create a Floor Map Using an Ekahau Project File” it specifies the version of Ekahau. Also per Cisco TAC version 10.2 is the version only supported as of now.  I’ve had similar issues as you running the latest version of Ekahau and a downgrade resolved the issue. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-2-3/user_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_2_3/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_2_3_chapter_0110.html

usaf_27
Level 1
Level 1

Ekahau version 10.3 is not supported. Try version 10.2.  

mkoschay123
Level 1
Level 1

Ekahau 10.4.1 with DNAC 2.2.3.4 works for me.

Make sure that the building name matches with DNAC building name. Also, import should be made on site level and not building level (not supported)

Further make sure to remove the longitude and latitude vaules in the project. This was preventing my import and causes an API map error in the dnamaps-service. Please rate my reply if helpful. Thx

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ekahau Pro 10.4 Project Import Issue

Importing Ekahau Project from version 10.4 to Cisco DNA Center will fail
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwa30017

Root Cause - two changes in Ekahau 10.4:

• Access point type definition
  • ESX project schema changes

Current Status

• Changes in Cisco DNA Center to handle ESX schema changes - tracked with CSCwa30017
  • Access point type definition changes reverted in Ekahau 10.4.1

Cisco DNA Center Version Cisco DNA Center Version with Fix Ekahau
2.2.3.x 2.2.3.4 Upgrade to 10.4.1
2.2.2.x 2.2.2.8 + Hot Fix or above Cisco DNA Center releases Upgrade to 10.4.1
2.1.2.x 2.1.2.8 + Hot Fix or above Cisco DNA Center releases Upgrade to 10.4.1
2.3.2.x Targeted for 2.3.2.3 Upgrade to 10.4.1

If you have any questions or concerns about this issue, Please open a Cisco TAC Case to address your questions or comments....