cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Export/Import Site Hierarchy

hrios
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to export the site hierarchy from one DNAC appliance and import it into a different DNAC appliance. I have a pilot DNAC appliance, and now I have a production DNAC appliance. I'd like to transfer the hierarchy to the new appliance. I'm running version 2.1.2.6.

10 Replies 10

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

AFAIK your best bet in this scenario would be to take a backup & do a restore on the other DNAC appliance.  Something to note is that the system and app versions must be identical prior to doing the restore.  Note that the maglev settings (interface config, ntp, etc.) are allowed to be changed/different.  See below for more detail:

Cisco DNA Center Administrator Guide, Release 2.1.2 - Backup and Restore [Cisco DNA Center] - Cisco

It appear that is my only option at the time. Thanks. 

inderdeeps
Level 4
Level 4

Yes you can export and import the Site Hierarchy from one to another, but make sure if there is any sites already exists on DNAC 2, it will be wiped out. 

Regards
Inderdeep Singh

www.thenetworkdna.com 

I don't believe that's an option for me. I'm running the latest DNA Center version, 2.1.2.6, and that option is not available. It is possible to export from PRIME and then import into DNA Center, but not DNA Center to DNA Center.

Hi Normally in the site hirarchy you can select export sites.

Then you will receive a csv file that can be imported on the new dna-C

this is also available on 2.1.2

This is a screen capture from 2.1.2.6. There is only the option to Export Maps. 

DNAC.jpg

Check this if you can achieve it through API calls. If not i suggest you to open a Cisco TAC case.

Regards
Inderdeep Singh
www.thenetworkdna.com 

I have just tested the export feature on 2.1.2.6 and if you export you can import a "prime" map, and add the sites and blueprints from the exported file.ā€ƒ

Screenshot 2021-04-10 at 00.53.14.png

ā€ƒGive it a try

i think there should not be any problem 

Regards
Inderdeep Singh

www.thenetworkdna.com 

****RATE MY REPLY IF YOU LIKE***

hrios
Level 1
Level 1

Just tested with 2.2.2.1. Import Sites is now an option and it works just fine. 

Capture.JPG