Level 1

Hi,

My First install.

*IP addresses are made up.

Configured the Management with 10.1.1.1  - eno1

Configured the Enterprise with 10.1.2.1 - enp94s0f0

Configured the Cluster with with 10.1.3.1 - enp94s0f1

Created Virtual addresses of 10.1.1.2, 10.1.2.2 & 10.1.3.2

All looked good and finished, however if I try and HTTPS:// to 10.1.2.1  i get this page cannot be displayed.

However, I can ping 10.1.2.1 and SSH on port 2222 to this IP

Rebooted the device with a #sudo shutdown -r now

Still no luck.  There are no ACL`s/Firewalls between my workstation and the DNAC Enterprise interface

I have looked for some meaningful documentation around this but nothing.  Any pointers?

Lee

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lee Smitherman
Level 1
Level 1

So, a fresh image install of 1.3.3.7 and a run through the wizard fixed our issue.

Lee.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

kristoff1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi lee,

Are all pods up and running?

$ magctl appstack status

Normally this container is responsible for the gui

$ magctl appstack status | grep kong

Is your MGMT interface connected because we had a bug in the past that the DNA-C wouldn't boot correctly if the port wasn't connected on a gen2 appliance.

Kind regards,

kristoff

Hi,

The management interface was and is connected, so we should all be good there.

Also, we are getting all sorts of weird maglev output

$magctl appstack status

The connection to the server 127.0.0.1:9443 was refused - did you specify the right host or port?

$ maglev package status
ERROR: Context 'maglev-1' has incomplete details. Rerun 'maglev context add' to update the command line context.

This was a brand new appliance with a smooth wizard config.

Lee

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can try the following from the Cisco DNA Center CLI:

$ maglev context add -u admin -r main maglev-1 https://kong-frontend.maglev-system.svc.cluster.local:443
$ maglev context default maglev-1
$ maglev context display
$ cat /home/maglev/.maglevconf

Then check to see if there are any services that are down using either one of the following of the CLI commands:

$ magctl appstack status | egrep 0/
$ magctl appstack status -f

Thanks Tomas,

I did try the initial command but it didn't see to work(failed to establish a connection).

Going to rebuild using the ISO as this install seems for what ever reason broken.

$ maglev context add -u admin -r main maglev-1 https://kong-frontend.maglev-system.svc.cluster.local:443
Password:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/maglev", line 11, in <module>
sys.exit(cli())
File "/opt/maglev/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 716, in __call__
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File "/opt/maglev/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 696, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File "/opt/maglev/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1060, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File "/opt/maglev/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1060, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File "/opt/maglev/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 889, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File "/opt/maglev/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 534, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File "/opt/maglev/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/maglev_cli/commands/context.py", line 53, in add
verify_host=not insecure, cacert=cacert).login(username, password))
File "/opt/maglev/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/maglev_api/proxies/auth.py", line 30, in login
verify=self._get_host_pem())
File "/opt/maglev/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 110, in post
return request('post', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
File "/opt/maglev/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 56, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File "/opt/maglev/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 488, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File "/opt/maglev/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 609, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "/opt/maglev/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 487, in send
raise ConnectionError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='kong-frontend.maglev-system.svc.cluster.local', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/system/v1/auth/token (Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7efc997540d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known',))

[Wed Oct 07 02:42:49 UTC] maglev@10.82.26.200 (maglev-master-10-85-0-1) ~

$

Lee

Hi,

I get this error too. The DN2 is fresh installed with version 2.1.2.6

First error when I query with "maglev package status" --> no context "maglev-1"

Second error after perform commands above.

Do the customer need to open TAC for Day-0 installation ?

Lee Smitherman
Level 1
Level 1

So, a fresh image install of 1.3.3.7 and a run through the wizard fixed our issue.

Lee.

Hi Lee,

That's good news to hear.

Strange that your installation was broken.

How did you install version 2.1.2 was it an upgrade or a fresh install?

Kind regards,

Kristoff

I would prefer to install fresh installation, rather upgrade if that is feasible.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Great that the reinstall worked!

However, having to reinstall a brand new appliance out of the box is not acceptable at all. We took delivery of our DN2 appliance today, and guess what? Dead in the water. Now we have to wait for the appliance to be added to our service contract for me to be able to download the ISO to re-image it.

So that's my Friday rant over.

Still no luck with a fresh installation from ISO 2.1.2.6 

Installation was successful on every steps without any errors. However, after wait around 5 hours (Start from Welcome screen disappear after 30 secs.) when type "maglev package status" command.

Here is the result:

ERROR: Context 'maglev-1' has incomplete details. Rerun 'maglev context add' to update the command line context

Then check to see if there are any services that are down using either one of the following of the CLI commands:

$ magctl appstack status | egrep 0/
$ magctl appstack status -f

hello sir,

I have run this command and this is the output

NAMESPACE    NAME             READY               STATUS             RESTARTS  AGE IP NODE NOMINATED NODE READINESS GATES
kube-system     coredns-ltlmv  0/1               CrashLoopBackOff          17    62m    10.5.2.101  10.5.2.101 <none>  <none>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: